What would you do in this situation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starb

Reaction score
Quick background - myself and my partner are both mobile extensionists in a partnership under the same trading "name". We keep a fair bit of stock hair in popular colours.

I take on a new client and fit a half head. She had a few aftercare issues that were eventually sorted.

After around 6 weeks she wanted another half head fitted. I book her in, go round and remove her extensions and at that point she informs me she only wants 25 strands fitted in a blonde as a highlight as that's all she could afford. As I said, I didn't need to order hair in so no real issue with having to send hair back, but obviously the job is booked out for a half head which turns into 25 strands! I let it go.

Week later she messages to say the blonde has turned grey where her natural hair was "leaking" her semi box dye. I said that it was an aftercare issue, which she accepted and so she asked for a further 50 strands of blonde to be fitted.

My partner went the following week to fit, but at that point she decides she wants them all out and a full head fitting the following week. She only paid a £20 deposit which my partner had to drive her to the bank for.

Week later partner goes back and the full head turns back into a half head. She doesn't know the history so fits and leaves.

Next day she messages me to ask for 50 extra strands. I book her in and confirm for following weekend. I messaged two days before to confirm but no response so I don't go.

Couple days later still no contact and I'm annoyed at the missed slot that obviously cost us money. I messaged her again telling her I can no longer have her as a client as she's costing me too much time and money. She answers straight away with an enormous attitude saying she had no internet over the weekend and her child was ill. Think she forgot we were Facebook friends and I knew she'd been out drinking. She told me she wanted the extensions removed to which I agreed.

I've confirmed the appointment for the weekend and again a really stroppy reply. I'm now dreading removal this weekend as I know it will be tense and I have an awful feeling she'll have her gang of friends round to try and intimidate me. What would you do? Sorry for the length X

Quick background - myself and my partner are both mobile extensionists in a partnership under the same trading "name". We keep a fair bit of stock hair in popular colours.

I take on a new client and fit a half head. She had a few aftercare issues that were eventually sorted.

After around 6 weeks she wanted another half head fitted. I book her in, go round and remove her extensions and at that point she informs me she only wants 25 strands fitted in a blonde as a highlight as that's all she could afford. As I said, I didn't need to order hair in so no real issue with having to send hair back, but obviously the job is booked out for a half head which turns into 25 strands! I let it go.

Week later she messages to say the blonde has turned grey where her natural hair was "leaking" her semi box dye. I said that it was an aftercare issue, which she accepted and so she asked for a further 50 strands of blonde to be fitted.

My partner went the following week to fit, but at that point she decides she wants them all out and a full head fitting the following week. She only paid a £20 deposit which my partner had to drive her to the bank for.

Week later partner goes back and the full head turns back into a half head. She doesn't know the history so fits and leaves.

Next day she messages me to ask for 50 extra strands. I book her in and confirm for following weekend. I messaged two days before to confirm but no response so I don't go.

Couple days later still no contact and I'm annoyed at the missed slot that obviously cost us money. I messaged her again telling her I can no longer have her as a client as she's costing me too much time and money. She answers straight away with an enormous attitude saying she had no internet over the weekend and her child was ill. Think she forgot we were Facebook friends and I knew she'd been out drinking. She told me she wanted the extensions removed to which I agreed.

I've confirmed the appointment for the weekend and again a really stroppy reply. I'm now dreading removal this weekend as I know it will be tense and I have an awful feeling she'll have her gang of friends round to try and intimidate me. What would you do? Sorry for the length X

Not go...:p

Can you not take your business partner with you?

That's what I was planning on doing I think. Although I am kicking myself for agreeing to her demanding I remove them and the lack of respect in the way she's spoken to me since
Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
I would take your business partner with you, when you go tho take a nice friendly attitude with you and remain professional at all times, if needs be explain how and why she's cost you so much money in a pleasent way, not personal just business type of thing, sometimes it pays to kill with kindness

To be honest if you don't want to go and remove them don't. I mean why does she want them removed already? I would tell her you can not remove them and let her go and find someone else to do them for her she has cost you enough money as it is without causing you more hardship.

Tell her to do one! She is doing my head in just reading about her! x

I'm trying so hard to remain professional but I'm kicking myself for agreeing to remove her extensions. I should've just told her that her missed appointment cost me too much money and I wasn't prepared to do it.

I would say to her your sorry you will have to re arrange her appointment a family matter / issue has come up which needs your attention.

Then hopefully she will just go else where, or if she texts keep saying your booked up and dont have a spare space at the moment, hopefully she will kindly get the hint LOL!:p:D

I'm not sure why you would agree to remove her extensions when she's given you so much grief?
As you have you are well within your rights to leave if you feel at all uncomfortable in someone else's property. If you arrive and she gives any cause for you to feel anything other than happy to work in that environment, take your stuff, apologise and explain that you feel uncomfortable and she had best employ someone else to remove her extensions.

I really appreciate all the advice you lovely people give X

Latest posts

Back