What would you do with your website...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
If you currently only offer 1 or 2 treatments but will be offering more at a later date?

I currently only offer gel nails and this is only to friends and family as I feel I'm too slow to be offering this to the general public.

I'm doing Flirties training in October. I've already had 3 friends tell me they will be interested in this. I think this will be more popular than nails as eyelash extensions are still relatively new compared to nail enhancements.

So I want my website up amd running probably by the end of October.

At the end of November I will be qualified in mani & pedi. End of February I will have finished my L&P course. At the end of the academic year I will have completed NQ Facial Care(although I'm not sure that's enough to start doing facials). I would also like to offer minx and spray tan at some point.

So, I will only have 2 treatments when my website starts up, but I will have a few things to add later.

Would you make your website with just these 2 things, gel nails and Flirties, or would you show other pages but with 'coming soon'?

Re website: my hubby is saying get a cheap one and he'll do it all for my or ask his techy mates for help. He is very good with a pc and all that. Although, I think there's more to it than what he can do.
Posted via Mobile Device

"Would you make your website with just these 2 things, gel nails and Flirties, or would you show other pages but with 'coming soon'?"

Yes, I would do this. It gives viewers something extra to read about, look forward to and stay tuned for. It also puts you in the position where you have to complete the training to offer the services you say are coming :)

I personally wouldn't recommend adding extra pages that just say "coming soon" or "under construction" - as I understand it, that is one of the big "no-no's" in web design.

I think you would be better off putting a paragraph on an existing page, saying that you hope to offer the following treatments soon, rather than creating otherwise blank pages that just say "coming soon".

For example, suppose you have a repeat visitor to your site. They see the pages in your navigation menu that were there the last time they visited, but may well think that the page will just say "coming soon" when they visit it again.

Whereas if they see a page in the navigation that wasn't there before, then they may well be more likely to click on it out of curiosity.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for your replies.

I think I'll do as Ruth suggests.

Start with 2 treatment pages and add the rest as I go.
Posted via Mobile Device

You are welcome to use any of the flirties logos on your site hun,
send me your email and i will forward them to you :hug:

Latest posts

Back