What Would You Give Up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi Geeks

As today is Ash Wednesday, I was just wondering if you had to choose to give something up for Lent, what would it be ?

I think I would have to give up my addiction to Snack-a-Jack rice cakes - I can't get enough of them, and don't care what flavour they are either ! :lol:

PS: I wish I could also give up cursing other drivers that don't thank you when you've just given way to them !

I am giving (trying anyway) up red vino. More to help my waistline but it would be nice to last the 6 weeks of Lent too!

i am giving up danish pastries.........everyweek i go to tesco and buy the pack of five from the bakery 1 for me 1 for rob and one each for the boys...............and i end up eating the whole lot..all the time...i have got to stop,
so thats what i am giving up for lent.......and not to nag rob

im going to try giving up pizza

i dont think it will work though as i love it

I'm giving up wheat, choccy and biscuits, but during the week only. I have a food intolerance to wheat and high sugar (so in particular processed wheat like white bread, white pasta etc), so it will actually do me good to give it up, but my will power is pretty pants!
Treating myself at the weekend cos I know I will never stick it otherwise, plus our main food at the weekend is tea, cake and crumpets, so I'd have nothing to eat!!
Fingers crossed maybe with that and a bit of exercise I'll drop my target 11lb in the 6 weeks....

Hiya

I'd like to say alcohol of any description (if i have drunk everything i like i go to desperate measures like Whisky and Dry Ginger) my grandad used to drink that:eek: now i am not saying i'm an alcholic but when you've worked all day then come home to work and have a family i like a nice drink when kids in bed, it's me time, so no i dont think i could give that up........................i could easily give up chocolate no problemo!!!!!!! oh and sex:wink2: only joking, right that's me then no choc till easter!!!!!!!! Oh and eating late!!! thats a huge problem for me!!!!

Amanda

I know that giving things up for Lent should be food based, but I wish I could give up being a worry wart and have more confidence in my work, and stop assuming the worst!!!

Im gunna try n give up eating too much too late! I seem to beable to get thru day been really good but eat anything i can in evening! + a bot ov wine x

ok im a bit late, only cause the box of Cadburys Flakes was looking so attractive and didnt realise it was today and .... yeh all excuses and i have tonnes more of them !

SO, as from now ! im gonna REALLY really try to give up all chocolate including my love for FLAKES for 14 days - tell me its 14 and not 40 as i heard on the radio !!!! NO MORE FLAKES and im going to try really really really hard THIS TIME ! lol

omg its tough just writing it !

Wish me luck .. and lots of weight loss too im sure

kx

i think i will have to give up chocolate as i have just eaten a big bar of galaxy and now i feel sick - serves me right i suppose!!!

i have some flakes left if you want to convert to cadburys !! lol

kx

Right matey - I now declare Whiteley a Flake free zone!

you'll have to come collect them from under the stairs with the box of cadburys buttons too so i dont get distracted !

im rubbish at this i feel like one now ! absolutely no will power

kx

it's not WILL power you need, it's WOn't power!

it's 40 days and 40 nights isn't it???? or am i dreaming again? lol

what would I give up? hmmm... nuffink lol
what will I give up?... not giving up vodka, or wine thats for sure.....

I will try to give up biscuits....
once a packet is opened that's it, the whole lot have to go.
dammit, that will be bad but good for my hips...
so gonna go with biscuits... just hope I make it until the weekend lol

We ought to check in on the thread a couple of times a week to give each other encouragement.
x

ok thats a deal then Sandi !! im really really really going to try really

i can feel myself getting slimmer already !

kx

I would like to pinch Glorsclaws little ditty below her signature for this thread.

I could give up chocolate....but I'm no quitter!!!!

I love this saying and frequently think of it when I am raiding the last tin of Roses left over from Christmas!!! :smack:

So thanks Glo....for a wonderful excuse!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink2:

Nikki said:
I would like to pinch Glorsclaws little ditty below her signature for this thread.

I could give up chocolate....but I'm no quitter!!!!
Heya Nikki .... I like to see a girl with some spirit... not like all these other pushovers who give up at the drop of an Ash Wednesday :lick:
Fight on in the name of chocolate I say... btw, its Valentines next Monday isnt it, Ill be going for the burn! :wink2:

The Playstation! Although I'm not on it that much at the moment because I've completed the game I got for christmas.

Definitely need to give up spending money due to having no income at the moment!

Day One...... not touched a single biscuit yet!!!! Hoping it stays that way too.

Latest posts

Back