What Would You Give Up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey well done sandi ! im doing good so far too - though i really want a flake but gonna try and stick with it

well done keep with it eh !

kx

Well,

It's not exactly for lent, but I gave up junk food for a week and all I ate was special K for brekie, and lots of fresh fruit and veg and a good, healthy dinner (well, at the weekend I had a fry-up and a big dinner and a pudding, courtesy oif my boyfriend's mum - I was stuffed, but I enjoyed it!). I lost..... wait for it.... 8lbs!!!

Well, that's me, I'm doing that from now on, maybe the very occasional take-away or something.

I lost..... wait for it.... 8lbs!!!

that is fantastic, well done you :D

confession time..... I had a Mackie D today with my son... BUT it wasn't a biscuit, so that's ok isn't it? lol
apart from that I'm being a good girl !!!

yeh thats ok Sandi !! i had some madeira cake - but THATS NOT CHOCOLATE !! lol

kx

ValencianNails said:
that is fantastic, well done you :D

Thank you very much :)

I am giving up alcohol and so is my partner, I have to say its very hard and I thought it would be easy .
Oh dear only 39 days to go

How is everyone else doing ??? its been 4 days since my last post and ive had NO CHOCOLATE !! cant believe it, normally chocolate is at the forefront of my mind, i still want some but somehow i dont seem as obsessed with it as before ??

Giving something up for lent sure seems easier than making resolutions, I do not make resolutions anymore i think there is far too much pressure and expectations that people do not keep to them.

How many days to go ? i though this was for 40 days - surely there cant be 39 days still to go ! arghhhhhhhhhhh

kx

Blimey karren is Whiteley really a choc-free zone still, and they said miracles never happen!!! Well done you. Chocolate is very addictive and when you stop eating it for a while you actually lose the craving for it, so maybe going cold turkey will help cure your addiction!

yeh it really is sass - even jake had some of my buttons friday and i didnt want or have any !:suprised:

I just need to stop supplementing the choc for cakes now ! lol

kx

Sassy Hassy said:
Blimey karren is Whiteley really a choc-free zone still, and they said miracles never happen!!! Well done you. Chocolate is very addictive and when you stop eating it for a while you actually lose the craving for it, so maybe going cold turkey will help cure your addiction!

Well I have give up on sweets and chocolates - so no more snickers bars for me for the forseeable future (oh its going to be hard but it will do me a lot of good I am sure) and my hubby has given up alcohol which will hurt him like mad. We have two dinner dances during lent so we will see how he manages. We are also going on holiday but he says he might have to relent while away ;(

I did originally say I was going to give up sex ... but as my hubby pointed out he thought I already had, and besides it had to be something I would miss.. lol! Doh!

lost another 5lbs today and I had some chocolate (wholenut!) on saturday.

Quote Jen - "I did originally say I was going to give up sex ... but as my hubby pointed out he thought I already had, and besides it had to be something I would miss.. lol! Doh!"__________________

PMSL - no Valentine's special for him then!!

No.. no valentine's specials at our house... bless... too tired after him talking me into having a baby when I had turned 40 ... so only himself to blame.. lol!

Latest posts

Back