What's your opinion on this? Confusing, impersonation or infringement of The Guild?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

number1kitty

Reaction score
Just flicking through ebay when I came across this girl http://www.beautytrainingguild.co.uk/index.html

In her ebay ad it states that if someone does her courses they are automatically registered with the beauty guild. She also on ebay charges £12.99 to register with the Beauty Guild but theres only apparently limited numbers.

Anyway..... I presume she has nothing to do with the beauty guild, (or maybe she does, as surely the guild would shut the page down otherwise).

What I am saying I suppose is that as a qualified therapist it confused me. If I wanted to become a therapist or train as a therapist and then obviously I would perhaps presume they were the guild?

Am I being really simple?

I've just had a mooch at both them sites, the beaty training guild is recognised by.... the beauty therapy guild.... Their training is recognised by themselves :eek:
It is misleading partly because of the name but also as they mention someone as being a member of the guild, personally i wouldnt have touched it with a bargepole before i found this site anyway as it looks a bit cheap and i researched a fair bit before taking any courses, BUT having looked at the hit counters on each they have both had thousands of visits :eek: so must have made even a little money.

lol I agree they look cheap for a training and professional body! But if I said to someone make sure that the training is accredited by the Guild and they see them then they may presume I meant them!

Dear oh Dear all my years of hard work and for what, I could have done a home study course lol!

xx

lol, yes you could have done but did you not read the disclaimers??

We are not responsible for the training of anyone or their competence. Any diplomas we may certify are done so in good faith that the practitioner is competent to carry out the therapy. We will not be held responsible in any way.

That is from their beauty therapy guild one

All diplomas are issued for the theory of the procedure as we are unable to test the practicle. It is your responsibility to make sure you are trained in the practical. We accept no responsibility

And that is from their training one... your only qualified in the theory and not the practicle, so the beauty therapy guild recognises a diploma for what exactly?- you'd still need to pay out for training to carry out a procedure which then would surely make this pointless?? Its probably not worth the paper its written on (if you get paper that is!). I find it a bit confusing as to what exactly they are selling really.:irked:

But i do agree that it could get mixed up with the real guild, i did it whilst just typing.

I think maybe I should start selling certificates on ebay for people to buy. £1.99 and you get a certificate in brain surgery that allows you to set up and open your own theatre, however its up to you to practice on your friends and family first! lol! Hhmmm I feel a money spinner coming on...........

btw for anyone taking this a bit too serious, I am kidding, theres no way I would undermine the brain surgeons. Beauticians yes - brain surgerys perhaps one step too ahead of its time for eBay right now.

Kate x

Send a message to Louisa the editor of the The Guild, she is a member on here and will check it out for you :hug:

I have just seen this thread. Thank you for posting. As you have correctly established this website and organisation is nothing to do with us. We will look into it straight away and will try to contact them.

I've just tried looking and it won't load, so hopefully the guild has sorted it out.

I don't think they are on ebay anymore. . .

looks dodgy as. . .

We have spoken to the people involved and they have agreed to take the sites down. Thank you as ever to the Geeks for bringing this to our attention. :hug:

We have spoken to the people involved and they have agreed to take the sites down. Thank you as ever to the Geeks for bringing this to our attention. :hug:
Brilliant stuff Louisa and Kitty well done!

oh good! One less company to destroy our industry!

Kate x

what a fab result...:)

Latest posts

Back