Wheezing after using L+P...am i a hypochondriac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

Most of my business at the moment is Gel, however i did a client last Saturday with my star nails acrylic l+p that i always use.....i have been so wheezy this week, and my chest feels tight when breathing.

This has happened before and it turned into a cough....i just put it down to a cold/viral infection... but now i am suspecting its my use of these products.

I am not using any form of extractor/filter as i am mobile (for the moment till my salons completed this weekend!!)

Am i being a hypochondriac?? Anyone else have any reactions?

This was one of the main reasons i moved over to gel, and offered an alternative of acrylic with the Backscratchers.

ANY help advice is appreciated

All nail systems are acrylic so beathing the dust from any of these systems is not a healthy option for anyone. That is why all manufacturers recommend extraction ventilation. NO dust of any kind is healthy to breath .. we all know that.

However is you are using VF21, you may be breathing in uncured dust particles from that uncured sticky layer that has to be rolled off ... this is not good ... so when using this system I would definitely wear a mask when ever buffing if you have no extraction. This really is very important.

Hi babe, sorry to hear that ............
Also to add to what Geeg has written, make sure that you cut down on vapours.......
Do not wipe your brush on a tissue....if you have to, discard tissue into a little metal flip top bin........... keep your dappen dish covered most of the time..........this will reduce vapours........... dust and vapours are never good on the old lungs.........

Latest posts

Back