When to make business official

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbowstar

Reaction score
I will be training at the end of this year/start of 2006 (want to do it RIGHT NOW but bub due in 2.5 weeks so will need to wait a little while), and just wondered when is the best time to make my nail business official?

I am planning to run my business from home (spare room salon!), possibly with a bit of mobile thrown if if necessary.

Should I go ahead now and get the ball rolloing with business plans, registering as self-employed with Inland Revenue etc?

Or am I best to wait until I have trained and am actually earning money, and make this one of my last jobs?

Just wondering what way everyone else did it...

Perfect Preparation Prevents Problems!! :D

Anything you can do now to prepare yourself is only a good thing! Never good to leave everything to the last minute.

i set up my salon within three months of passing my certificates and then it only took me six weeks to organize everything (with a big shopping trip to ikea) but i now look back and think i should of planned things for abit longer (but was to eager to get out of my other job - was makin me ill) now a year on getting stronger every week and loving every minute

Hi you can't register self employed until you are up and running I know this as I've just done so myself. As for other things as geeg says preperation is best.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back