Where to advertise intimate waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloughers

Reaction score
As the title says, I've already got a FB page and have had a couple of Brazilian clients from that but I really want to go all out on intimate this year and build it up but need to find those clients that already have it done in my area and get them to come to me! I'm sure there's lots of ladies out there who want a good wax but don't know where to go...

Hi, with the intimate waxing, it really is by word of mouth. I have clients that always book in advance, ie, immediately after their wax.
I got known by doing a demo at the Women's hospital in Liverpool!
It's one of those things. Once people find out you do, "proper", intimate waxing and have a knack of making the client feel extremely comfortable, you have clients for life:lol:
Do a freebie on a friend who you know has a good circle of people, keep it professional, even though she is a friend, and before you know it, word will travel x

I'll be following this thread closely as I want to do the same :) I'm going on kim lawless training next month and really want to push it when I get back. I did Lycon training about a year ago but never felt fully confident so never pushed it , I have a beautiful beauty room that I only use to wax brows really such a shame.

Nobody seems to have any ideas for me :(

I would love to know too. I don't know many women who get waxed so I wonder where they all are?

I'm sure you've thought of the standard Facebook, flyers etc. I found by including the town I live in and "spray tanning" in the name in my facebook page it gave me the fourth Google search, which I think is pretty good going for a freebie!

Have you done all the things in the thread Lynne Baker wrote? I plan on doing all this now.

When I first started doing just waxing, I sat in my little room above a frumpy old hair salon watching the tumble weed blowing around.

I've never advertised in my life and I built my own website so just be patient.

In my view you must have a website and you must se the words, Brazilian wax Hertfordshire (or whatever county/city you're in) and Hot wax.

What's the link to your main site Jo and I'll give you some ideas.

Ultimately to get busy you have to be excellent as has been said, it's all word of mouth. X

When I first started doing just waxing, I sat in my little room above a frumpy old hair salon watching the tumble weed blowing around.

I've never advertised in my life and I built my own website so just be patient.

In my view you must have a website and you must se the words, Brazilian wax Hertfordshire (or whatever county/city you're in) and Hot wax.

What's the link to your main site Jo and I'll give you some ideas.

Ultimately to get busy you have to be excellent as has been said, it's all word of mouth. X

Thanks Kim, it's Pearl's Gelish Nouvatan Ear Piercing Kim Lawless Intimate Waxing
I have got all the words you mentioned on there and if you google Kim Lawless Maidenhead I'm the first one on the page. I know it's word of mouth but so far I've had one pregnant lady who only wanted it done for the birth and another lady who was going abroad for Christmas. I've got someone on Friday who's been going somewhere else for 4 mths and having Lycon but she said it keeps growing back in a few days and she's frustrated, not sure if the hair is breaking or what the reason is but hopefully if I do a good job she'll be a regular. They've all got me from a local online carboot advertising site on FB. :)

I have to say that my website isn't quite working the way I want at the moment, but it is work in progress

I have told every single existing client that I have trained to do Brazilians and Hollywoods. Most go "Ew" but some go "Ooh". The more that know, the better. I never assume that they won't be interested. I have been very surprised by the variety of clients who have booked. I was at a party on Saturday night and my very drunk friend was going "Here she is, best blinking Hollywood I have ever had" extremely loudly. Bring it on. A lady sidled up to me towards the end of the night to ask what I charge, and Bingo, another client.
I have 3 in on Saturday - 2 repeats and one new.
I have put it on FB, and I'm also trying to educate my clients as to why I use a different wax/why I have had specific training and I emphasise it is a 'proper' Brazilian with around the back done as well.

My friend has been having them done and they only do the front - she is too embarrassed to ask to have the back done as she worries they may think she's odd.

To Cloughers - keep going. Advertise anywhere and everywhere. I have had 1000 leaflets dropped today, and needless to say, my Brazilians and Hollywoods are in there - I'll let you know how it goes, but like every treatment, you need to advertise in a lot of places to get your name out there!

My next stop is to get my website working a bit better!!!
Good luck,

Vicki x

I think I'm going to print a load of my price lists with phone, website, email details and ask in the hairdressers in town if they will put them by their magazines. There's about 20 salons and a lot are high end, Toni & Guy etc. they can only say no!

Going on the 11th and 12th February too, cannot wait!

As the title says, I've already got a FB page and have had a couple of Brazilian clients from that but I really want to go all out on intimate this year and build it up but need to find those clients that already have it done in my area and get them to come to me! I'm sure there's lots of ladies out there who want a good wax but don't know where to go...
I'm in this position now, did you manage to get more business? If so can I have some tips ? X

Latest posts

Back