Which heated rollers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairstudent

Reaction score
I am looking to buy some heated rollers for doing bridal hair, have never owned any before so would like a decent set, can anyone help / advise?

We have the cloud 9 ones in the salon which are meant to be the dogs doodahs, i personally dont rate them! I bought some Babyliss ones from Tesco a few weeks ago and they are seriously brill and they were only about £25, Bargain :biggrin:

I bought the 30 set of babyliss for just over £30 from our local wholesalers... very gd so far... and 30 is more than plenty!

Agree 100% babilyss and are really good ! X

I have poker straight hair (btw this is nothing to do with bridal!!) and no matter what I use, it only stays in for about an hour before it drops!!! Would this work? What am I doing wrong?!

Are you prepping the hair first with mousse? Then spray each section with hairspray before you wind it, then again when all wound. Leave them in till they are totally cool.
Oh and i agree with the babyliss, i have the 30 piece set too.

I find they when I used any products, it makes my heir heavier and falls out quicker!!!

Related question about keeping curls.
I have heard about the trick with mousse and hairspray but has anyone tried water/setting lotion mixed and lightly misted onto the hair before putting in the heated rollers?

I am currently in training so just wondered if this would work better and perhaps have a more natural feel?

I find they when I used any products, it makes my heir heavier and falls out quicker!!!

L'Oreal do a great product in tecni.art called pli, which is specifically designed for use with heated styling...more suitable for heated rollers than any other i'd say.... it's a heat activated hold and it's never failed me :)

We have all the Loreal Playball etc at work i personally think they arent that good, Setting lotion is fab but smells abit (diluted with water might be ok?!). I use mousse and someone on here mentioned swartzkopf (Soz cant spell haha) hairspray which i have to say if bloody brilliant, we now use it in salon. I put it on dry hair sections, wind then spray again, Leave to go cold. Stays in all night :D xx

Are you prepping the hair first with mousse? Then spray each section with hairspray before you wind it, then again when all wound. Leave them in till they are totally cool.
Oh and i agree with the babyliss, i have the 30 piece set too.

do you use the mousse on dry hair? i was taught 2 different things. one said use mousse the other said never use mousse on dry hair. Mousse does work tho as long as not too much applied, cos it goes rock hard :)

I do lots of weddings and proms babyliss heated rollers with loreal pli, excellent! Looks natural not to crisp!!

thx for the feedback, I have now asked for pli on my xmas list this year!:)

Latest posts

Back