Which insurance do I need when working in another establishment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelloLovely

Reaction score
Hi Ladies ,

Ive had a look through lots of the other insurance threads but Im so confused about which type of insurance I will need?!?!

Ill hopefully be offering my nail treatments ( manicures and pedicures) from inside a hairdressers ( ill have a little spot in there ) so which type do I need to be covered? Ive seen lots on public liability insurance and treatment insurance and just cant make head nor tail of it !!

Thank you in Advance ! x

Hello lovely[emoji6]
You will need both treatment insurance and public liability, they usually come together and it's pretty cheap. I think babtac are around £80pa for a standard insurance with no extras xx

Thank you Gina ! So I just look out for one package and it covers everything ? Does it matter if she has insurance on the Salon herself? Do I still need my own ? xx

Are you paying a weekly or monthly rent or a percentage of your treatment costs to the salon owner?
If so, you're classed as self employed and a separate business so you will need your own insurance cover (and pay your own tax and national insurance costs).

By law, the salon owner must also have her own insurance, but as you are self employed you cannot be covered by her insurance.

Latest posts

Back