Which room do you use???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering for those of you that work from home... which room do you use to do your treatments?

At the moment I only have my kitchen table to use do you think this is okay?

Look forward to your replies.

Louise x

i have set up in my living room, with proper desk and all, as we dont use this room, only trouble with this is that we have to come through this space all the time to get to kichen, ok when every ones at school and work, and having to keep every wear spotless(clean n tidy all the time ). dianna xxxxxx ps i used my kichen table at 1st but found it to high and had to stretch to reach client.:irked:

I'm having a problem with finding space at the moment. The only options I have are living room or bedroom and i normally choose between the two depending on the appointment time ...usually if its in the evening, i'll choose the livingroom

If I had a big enough kitchen then this would be my chosen room because of the smell L&P causes.........

Just make sure you dont burn the supper!!

i live in a split level bungalow, there is only one room downstairs (the junk room) them you go upstairs to the rest of the house, the room downstaires is a fab BIG room perfect for a salon and I WANT IT but me and hubby are haveing a battle of wills at the moment about it as i want it as a salon because it is the only room down there so would not invade the house at all and he wants it as a lounge,

i think i should have it as it is big enough for 2 nail desks, 1 for enhancements, 1 for nail art, a small spray tanning both and a 2 seater sofa seating area, the font door is right nexxt to the room but that would be only for clients as everyone else uses the side door upstaires as they know we are never down there so i could also put a door as the bottom of the internel stares so it is very private, what more could i want, it shouldnt be to bad with the council either as the room was a shop a few years back anyway,
i think im going to show my hubby this post now to see if it helps me win the battle:idea:
sorry for gabbering on:D

i think that sounds fab. cant you sweeten him up:Kissing: lol dianna xxxx ;)

i keep trying, i SEND him to the pub, i cook all his favourit meals, i even buy him chocolate, i have been giveing him a few peadicures, including heated booties, cooling mask, etc, but he still wants his lounge, any sweetening ideas are welcome lol

omg, now i think hes getting spoilt, put your foot down.... WANT IT NOW..... DI (saw it, wanted it, threw a strop, got it! ) XXX :lol: you said it,

kalchis said:
i keep trying, i SEND him to the pub, i cook all his favourit meals, i even buy him chocolate, i have been giveing him a few peadicures, including heated booties, cooling mask, etc, but he still wants his lounge, any sweetening ideas are welcome lol

Maybe tell him that when you are a multi millionaire & an award winning nail tech, you will buy himthe biggest bestest lounge he could ever wish for,but until then you really really neen the room for your salon!!! LOL

Louise x

lol, i think your right about him being spoilt, even the kids have tryed talking him round as i think they are sick of my nail stuff all over the place, he has his office in the loft and i have told him that if i dont get the salon i will out all my stuff in his office but he laughed as he knows i wont go up there, i have just lately started doing my nails in the lounge when he is trying to watch tv as he hates the smell of the products, when he whines about it i just say " if you let me have the salon you wouldnt have to smell it"

i hate doing nails mobile as i have only got a small car and there is sooooooooooo much stuff

louise said:
Maybe tell him that when you are a multi millionaire & an award winning nail tech, you will buy himthe biggest bestest lounge he could ever wish for,but until then you really really neen the room for your salon!!! LOL

Louise x

pmsl, i'll have to give that one a go,

i no what u mean used to mine in bedroom, n he hated the smell nagged so much he let me have living room, cos we dont use it. we live up stairs cos all computers r up there, so i got my own way, and i now what its like going mobile lugging every thing around with you, its better if your set up in a proper room, keep up with the nagging have a good ol sulk, even go on strike no more house work. lol di xxxxxxx

I use my spare bedroon for doing nails. My hubby uses it when he works from home as an office and it also houses the sofa bed if we have anyone to stay - so all in alla v.funtional rm.

i would probably use my dining room, though our lodger has just moved out so have a spare room and im thinking that would be my nail room. mmmmmm yes have only just thought if that.
dont suppose it matters much aslong as you have ventilation and a bit of privacy!

I use my kitchen at the mo - all nicely set up in a corner, its big enough. Hoping to transform my garage one day...

I use our dinning room, its very large and I am getting a couple of room divider screens to have a little more privicy. I do shut the door if a client is with me, but the rest of the room is full of furniture, piano, baby changing stuff so the screens will hide this from the client lol! I have my table set up with all my kit around me and it seems to be ok.

I use one of the rooms in our cellar it is nice and cool down there in the summer and nice and warm in the winter as we have heating down there.

It is the smaller room of the two in the cellar but an ok size around 12'6 x 12'4 it has an open fire place and quarry tiled floor so looks really nice.

It is painted warm earthly tones so also looks quite warm.

Caz xxx

Caz your place sounds fab!
I remodelled my dining room. Bought a 2 seater leather sofa, the nail station and a shallow wooden chest of drawers to house everything. The french doors overlook my garden which is very pretty.
Unfortunately for me though I have a very tall Tudor style dolls house in there, its a fab talking point but, not very professional in my opinion. For now though it has to stay.... roll on the next, and bigger house! :wink2:

I have a nice size lounge/diner and I took over the dining room and divided the room with curtains and a screen. It works for me as the clients walk through the hall straight into salon without going anywhere else in the house and I can shut it off after or open it up if I want to.
I would much rather convert my garage though and have a completely separate entrance, I`d feel much happier doing that and it would feel like a proper salon that way.

Sounds great and I bet the dolls house is a talking point!

All I need now is to be able to do a great set of nails to go with my Nail Cellar then I will be well on my way!

Caz xxx

Glorsclaws said:
Caz your place sounds fab!
I remodelled my dining room. Bought a 2 seater leather sofa, the nail station and a shallow wooden chest of drawers to house everything. The french doors overlook my garden which is very pretty.
Unfortunately for me though I have a very tall Tudor style dolls house in there, its a fab talking point but, not very professional in my opinion. For now though it has to stay.... roll on the next, and bigger house! :wink2:

Yes like you I can have clients (when I get some) just walk straight through my hall to the door that leads down to the cellar, so they do not need to go into any other room other than the down stairs bathroom to was hands.

I could also use the back entrance to the houes where I have a Cellar back door so no need to even go into the main house which is quite good.

Your set up sounds great and like you said you could convert the garage which would be really good.

Caz xxx

Debs said:
I have a nice size lounge/diner and I took over the dining room and divided the room with curtains and a screen. It works for me as the clients walk through the hall straight into salon without going anywhere else in the house and I can shut it off after or open it up if I want to.
I would much rather convert my garage though and have a completely separate entrance, I`d feel much happier doing that and it would feel like a proper salon that way.

Latest posts

Back