Which Top Coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all just wondering what top coat you folk use over your acrylic nails?? My old tech used to use star nails sealer, but it used to go sticky in the sun?!!! So she changed to Creative super shiny, and I am currently using that one for myself, any other brands which are good?? But just a normal top coat not a u.v cure one!!

I use creative looks wet or out the door.

i use INM's out the door

probably one of the best on the market

ezflows uv30 which is great it really brings out those pinks and whites...then never yellow sealer over that to stop the stickiness from sunbeds and sun exposure
hth

I dont use a top coat - I just buff with a Royal Shiner or Girlfriend buffer to a high shine.

I have tried them all lol and i have to say that for the past 6 months or so i have been using EZ flows Fast finish top coat. It is amazing
A fantastic shine and non yellowing for those that don't buff enhancements to a shine. Also when applied over enamel (particularly on natural nails) they really last well.........chip free!!!

naturalnails said:
I dont use a top coat - I just buff with a Royal Shiner or Girlfriend buffer to a high shine.

Thank goodness someone agrees with me!!!.....I never use a topcoat on newly applied enhancements unless some nail art has been applied.....
There is nothing better than the glass like sheen from using a Girlfriend buffer (and some elbow grease!!)...and if the client uses her solar oil daily they will still be shining when she returns for her next appointment.....I know I'm old fashioned but Topcoat instead of buffing just seems like cheating to me:sad:

i allways buff before applying my uv30 allways....allways have done i use uv30 on my pink and whites

I use NSI Air Sheild great for nail art too

izzidoll said:
Thank goodness someone agrees with me!!!.....I never use a topcoat on newly applied enhancements unless some nail art has been applied.....
There is nothing better than the glass like sheen from using a Girlfriend buffer (and some elbow grease!!)...and if the client uses her solar oil daily they will still be shining when she returns for her next appointment.....I know I'm old fashioned but Topcoat instead of buffing just seems like cheating to me:sad:
Of course I ALWAYS buff my enhancements and add a top coat for extra protection really but I am not surprised at SOME techs, especially ones I have been to in the past havent really bothered buffing and just applied a top coat infact I come home and buff them myself as I always had file marks, I am so fussy!!! Thats why Im going to do Creative training shortly!!
THANKS ALL FOR THE REPLIES :D

i don't see the point in buffing AND using a top coat? i think its a waste of time. personally, i buff my nails, but if i was going to use a top coat i wouldn't bother. otherwise whats the point in using a top coat if you've already got a shine from buffing?

even tho i buff, i don't see using a top coat as cheating. if it saves time and time is money well why not? as long as your client's are happy that's fine.

Toni Talons said:
i don't see the point in buffing AND using a top coat? i think its a waste of time. personally, i buff my nails, but if i was going to use a top coat i wouldn't bother. otherwise whats the point in using a top coat if you've already got a shine from buffing?

even tho i buff, i don't see using a top coat as cheating. if it saves time and time is money well why not? as long as your client's are happy that's fine.

What you say is correct; there are just many of us who feel that to finish the nail ie - scratch free and perfectly shiny is finishing the job PERFECTLY - whether or not the nails are painted and a top coat is used.

Personally, I couldn't buff down and then add a top coat to make them shiny without wanting to make them perfect so that if she takes that top coat off they would be perfect - jeez does that makes sense?? I call it 'finishing the job to the best of my ability'... that's why I would do it! :!:

Latest posts

Back