Which vitamins in nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debs81

Reaction score
Hi there

Im STILL doing my assignment and need to include things that affect nail growth including diet,age,climate,illness and damage. I want to include in the diet part which vitamins are best for nail growth e.g vit e? Ive tried looking on the web but the sites are all just adverts for actual vitamin companies and give no info on why they work etc. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks debs81

Hi Debs

I found this for you - hope its right

Nail Growth and Vitamins

Nails Tip

If you want faster growing nails, be sure that your diet is rich in Vitamins A, B-Complex, C, D, E and iron, calcium, zinc, sulfur, and the essential fatty acids.

• For Vitamin A, look for fruits that are yellow and orange or veggies that are dark green.
  • For Vitamin C, chop up some green and red peppers and offer them to your family as a snack.
  • For Vitamin D, look to your dairy products.
  • For Vitamin E, a supplement is your best option.
  • For zinc, options include kidney beans, rice, chicken or cheese

To date, no conclusive scientific studies have ever linked vitamin supplements to faster growth or stronger nails!

But poor nutrition will dramatically slowdown nail and hair growth.

Thanks for your help. My assignment needs to be in on wednesday, getting a bit close now!

Debs81

Latest posts

Back