which wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie123

Reaction score
Which wax do you prefer using? Honey wax, cream wax or other?

I am still training and have only used honey was but everyone has said they feel sticky afterwards!

XXX

I personally prefer hot wax but if i must use a warm wax it would be hunny.

It just depends on the individual and what you train with imo.

Saying that though my hunny wax is sort of pearlescent so it kinda half & half but still classified as hunny. It smells and looks pretty thats why i use it lol

xxx

I personally prefer hot wax but if i must use a warm wax it would be hunny.

It just depends on the individual and what you train with imo.

Saying that though my hunny wax is sort of pearlescent so it kinda half & half but still classified as hunny. It smells and looks pretty thats why i use it lol

xxx

Where do ya get this from? xxx

Where do ya get this from? xxx

I use GiGi products just now although i import them from America as i haven't found a decent supplier in the UK and it's actually cheaper for me to import.

I know a lot of the geeks use Perron Rigot which is meant to be heavenly & they have a few different types although i haven't tried it yet. I will be testing this when my order arrives next week and may switch from my GiGi wax.

I do rave about the GiGi lotions though and would never swap away from them.

xxx

Few reasons why your clients maybe overly sticky.
You are putting your wax on too thickly,maybe it is not warm enough or you are not moving your spatula down the leg fast enough.
You maybe covering too much of an area for the speed you wax and the wax is setting on the skin.
The wax is poor quality quite likely if you are using what they use in a college.
You are using too few strips and getting too much build up on strip.
The skin is not prepared properly so wax residue is left behind.
After wax oil removes sticky bits better than a cream.

Putting aside brands, I like to use three different types of wax during the day. Different waxes for different parts of the body. Two types of non strip for sensitive areas and strip wax for general body. xxx

Putting aside brands, I like to use three different types of wax during the day. Different waxes for different parts of the body. Two types of non strip for sensitive areas and strip wax for general body. xxx

What's the difference between the two types of non strip wax please Kim?

I use Euroblonde non strip for intimate waxing as I think it's best suited to that. Then I use Esscential Rose non strip for inner thighs, face, under arms and back of neck as it grabs short tough hairs. You can use all of the waxes all over the body of course but I know which ones to use as I go along because I'm so used to them. xxx

Thanks Kim xx

Sorry Rouge, forgot to add that I use non strip a lot nowadays on the inner thighs (men and women) as it doesn't matter how experienced you are, some clients tend to bruise there and if they're going on holiday, you don't want that to happen. It's just so much gentler and the clients are grateful for it. xxx

Yes I can see the logic there, I think I'll give that a try in future. Thanks Kim.

Latest posts

Back