White Application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONZIE

Reaction score
Hi everyone
can anyone help me with the white application of l&p. I don't know one minute I think I'm doing ok and starting to get better with this but then it all just seems to go wrong!! I did a rebalance to do on Saturdaybut on Sunday she rang to say that she needs them redoing because the whites are chipping already!!. It seems like I maybe putting the whites on too thin. I'm trying not to put it on too thick so that the nails don't look like lumps of icing but by the time I've filed and shaped them the whites are too thin at the side edges. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong please?
Thanks
Donna

Donna, you have answered your own question !! :D

You are applying the product ... only to file and take it all off again!!

This over filing at at such an early stage of polymerization (when the product is only set and not fully cured) is also a cause of cracking and breaking as your filing is causing micro cracks (which you cannot see) in the product which is not fully cured (24-48 hours).

This information is part of Master Class information. Don't know how far along you are in your training, but is it time to find out more?? Perhaps get a copy of doug Schoons book??

Thank you Gigi. So I'm putting the product on too thin then? Can you tell me the title of Doug Schoons book please. I tried to go on a next step course with Lyn but was told that CN are not doing this anymore. She did offer me a sculpting course but not sure if I want to learn a new technique yet before mastering l&p. All I wanted really was to perfect what I've learnt so far but don't know now what course I should be doing.
Donna

Hi again Donna ...

Maybe some 121 time with Lynn to work on your weak areas would be better than a class as such at this moment in time. She will tailor the time to fit in with what you want to cover. 121 time is not expensive and definitely better than struggling along with no help. All CND classes have been changed and upgraded as of 2005 so check and see what is new when you are ready.

It doesn't sound like you are applying too thin. It sounds more like you are applying too thick and then filing the product off and making it to thin. These micro cracks are just chipping and breaking waiting to happen and this sounds exactly like what is happenning.

All the Designer Nails One Stop Nail Shops carry "Nail Structure & Product Chemistry by Doug Schoon". He has just written a newer version, but the older one is till INVALUABLE information.

Latest posts

Back