White Gel Paint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitmore

Reaction score
Hi

The questionsare starting allready!

When i was on the brisa course yesterday i found the i prefered to cover the full nail in pink gel and then paint on the white gel paint. When i got home i was finishig my moms nails off, sculpted 2 nails, white and pink gel on another and then i CHEATED!
Well, thats what it felt like. I covered the whole nail in pink, built the apex up and then painted on the white paint. I felt like i was cheating! Marco did show us this and explained the benefits.
Does anyone else do this? I do like the fact that if the client no longer wanted a french manicure then the white can be buffed off with much more ease........ still feel like im cheating!

Any comments?

xx

hiya
I use akzentz gel which has a paint on white gel that I like to use a lot for french nails.... it still takes skill to apply it and I don`t see it as cheating.. my clients still get a beautiful french finish and as you said this can be changed easily if they no longer require it..and pink and white rebalances with this method take less time as well, great for you and the client..hth:)

at the end of the day it's whatever works for you. I tend to apply it under my builder gel these days as I can get a smoother finish, but for years I applied it under the sealant layer.

I was trained to apply the white under the builder gel too sassy, but the next time I`m due for a re-balance - I`m going to try it the other way round out of curiosity!!!

I just found that if I put it under my sealant layer I could never get a really smooth finish, always a bit of a wobbly line of light. But then if I put it under the builder layer I always over buffed and then went through the white as well and ended up doing it again anyway! Now my skills have improved I find it better to go under the builder layer.

Can I just ask.....if your putting it under your builder layer does the pink colour not fade the white??

Fingertips ND said:
Can I just ask.....if your putting it under your builder layer does the pink colour not fade the white??

The way I do it is white gel paint, pink bonding layer, then clear builder layer, sealant gloss layer. The pink is so subtle this way that it doesn't affect it at all. Does anyone apply their white over the bonding layer and if so does the white flood into the pink? I really should try it myself but thought I'd ask!

I find that if I put pink over the white - it does dull it a bit (you see a bit of a pink tinge). I and most of my clients prefer an ultra white look to the french so unless I get asked for pink - I always use clear buildergel.).

Just came on here to ask about where to put POW. Just been practising on some old tips and did put the POW over the bonding layer ( pretty sure this is wot we were shown on induction, but its a few weeks ago and I cant quite remember!) and it didnt seem to bleed at all. Its confusing cos all my notes and video say to put it on at the end.

Sassy, do you just put your white straight over the liquid bond on new extensions and then straight onto old gel when rebalancing? (did that make any sense??)

Latest posts

Back