White gel - WHEN???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi there!

This may sound like a silly question, but I really need to know the answer!

When do you apply the white gel for the french manicure look? Is it before or after the bonder layer or after the builder layer?

I use NSI gel - I do a thin bonder layer first, then a thicker builder layer and then a final gloss coat to finish - I just don't know when to sandwhich the white gel in!!!!!!!!!

Please help me!!!!
Thanks,
Tasha

Hi Tasha

I use NSI Balance Gel. I normally apply a thin layer of the builder blush and then do the white. I follow this with a thicker layer of the builder blush and finally the finish gloss!

Hope that helps. Happy New Year!!!!

Claire x x

I tried it today before the bonder layer and it just kept looking see through or patchy if that makes sense. Yesterday I put it on over my nautral clear layer and it looked more solid. So in answer to your question it probably should go on after your bonding layer. But I use Akzentz. HTH XX

I now use it after my bonder layer and before my builder layer. I've experimented with every permutation and this is what works best for me. There's no right or wrong, just what works best for you.

I do my bonder,
white.
pink on bed up to white tip,
then clear builder over it all for correct shape.

I use my white after my first bonder layer of gel too, less likelihood of it being buffed off.

Yep same here - bonder, white, builder
HTH
KxXx

Latest posts

Back