White Stress marks on nails...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Only me ... lol

I have a client who has a natural nail overlay now as the tips have grown out...yippee !! But....where she has banged or bent her nail at some point, and the nail hasn't broken, its left a white stress line across her natural nail.

Her nail isn't cracked or anything..can i do anything other than use a cover up gel to hide this, cos it spoils the look of her normally perfect nails....?

Thanks xxx

I don't think so Angie, I think trying to disguise it would be your best bet, I think it will have to grow out.

Whereabouts is it on the nail?

xxxx

Solar oil seems to help, I get stress marks regularly from bending and breaking nails... No quick fix really though...

HTH

Thanks Rose xx

Its going from side wall to side wall..about half way down the nail..in zone 2. You can see just whats happened..its been bent back at some point and left this mark...similar to bending a credit card...you know how the plastic leaves a white line...bent many of those bloody things up just recently...lol

xxxx

NailStyle said:
Thanks Rose xx

Its going from side wall to side wall..about half way down the nail..in zone 2. You can see just whats happened..its been bent back at some point and left this mark...similar to bending a credit card...you know how the plastic leaves a white line...bent many of those bloody things up just recently...lol

xxxx

If it were me I'd just disguise it and ask the lady to be a little more careful, within the next two weeks it will have grown down the nail anyway and if it's in zone 2 it will be almost grown out by the time her next infill comes along :)

Hope this helps somehow :hug:

xxxx

helps alot Rose...thank you hun xxx

and thank you Envy xx..she has solar too...i will encourage her to use it more. xx

You're welcome hunny xxxx :hug:

Rose143 said:
If it were me I'd just disguise it and ask the lady to be a little more careful, within the next two weeks it will have grown down the nail anyway and if it's in zone 2 it will be almost grown out by the time her next infill comes along :)

Hope this helps somehow :hug:

xxxx

Yup, think this is about all you can do. It won't take long to grow out anyway. She'll just have to take more care in future. Good luck!

Hi Angie
Nothing you can do with those stress marks.
Just let them grow out.
Show them to the client and tell her try not to be so heavy handed in the future.
They dont show through when you put gel on though.

Why not mix some irredesent gitter into a scoop of pink gel on an overylay this might help to disguise these stress marks untill they've grown out.

Actually there is something you can do!

If the nail is prepped and ready to go first, You can use a little BOND form the Fabric# system and take it across the stress lines and it will disguise them perfectly. Then apply your gel over the whole nail. You should not be able to see any sign of the stressline after that.! :D

wow that is brilliant Geeg, thanks for that

Latest posts

Back