Who Else Tried Marbelling This Wknd???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bekster123

Reaction score
Well all, after being inspired by the latest thread from Glo & Laystar on Water Marbelling i thought i'd have a go. :Scared: :Scared:

All i can say is- How B****y tricky is that!!!! :eek: :eek:

Got myself in a right old mess. Not sure if it's the enamels that i'm using but after i dropped a blob in it just stayed there didn't spread out at all!!!
Some of the cream ones did a little but not very much and when i very carefully stirred them with a cocktail stick it all separated, plus didn't cover all of the tip.:irked: :irked: :sad:

Anyway did a few with my 6 yr old daughter who thought it was great fun, showed her dad the results, asked him which ones Chloe had done & he picked mine!!! :irked: :cry: :eek: :smack: He thought Chloe's were fab, got to admit i thought they were better too.

Unfortunately have tried to take a piccie but don't have that thingy on the camera which allows you to focus on close up, but will try & borrow my sisters.

Anyway, just thought i'd share my experience with you, & will definately be buying some other polishes to have another go because when it does work i think the results are stunning.

Be interested to hear how you other geeks that were going to try got on!!!

xxxx

I tried water marbling and made a huge mess,I now do it by applying main colour to entire nail then doing a thicker 2nd coat then add 1or two contrast colours in blobs on the top and with a fine brush lightly swirl the colours together.hope that makes sense.Took a piccie of one I did in my gallery(done with lime green and hot pink)
Sam

I had a go yesterday and think I am finally getting the hang of it. The only thing I found was the nail had drops of water on them so I just left them to dry - do you dab them dry or will this affect the marbling?

sam1 said:
I tried water marbling and made a huge mess,I now do it by applying main colour to entire nail then doing a thicker 2nd coat then add 1or two contrast colours in blobs on the top and with a fine brush lightly swirl the colours together.hope that makes sense.Took a piccie of one I did in my gallery(done with lime green and hot pink)
Sam
Don`t you find this way though that you have to wait forever to apply the top coat because it takes too long to dry.
Water marbeling is messy but it produces original designs and its a faster service.
I know its going off topic slightly but how long does it take for either water marbeling or ordinary marbeling like sam does to dry before applying top coat

I don't know exactly how long to dry but I usually top coat soon as I finish(at the moment I use orly in a snap)and about 5mins later touch dry.
Sam

Hiya peeps,
Please stick with it ... first couple of times are usually messy :rolleyes:
Had a girl last week in my class who kept complaining rather loudly that she 'hated it' that it was 'crap' and 'stoopid' but we know Peeps who say that usually cant do it! :wink2:
After just spending an extra 5 mins with her ... by the end of the
lesson she had changed her mind completely and had produced some of the best nails in the class!

Debs, I top coat as I would with normal polish, ordinary marbling I leave a tad longer!

I have a terrible time!

I always find that i have a sort of film on mine half the nail has a lovley marble pattern and the rest has a sort of film along it, i though if i added a little more polish it would cover the whole nail but it went on really thick and once it had dried and i had applied top coat you could fell the "ridges" if you know what i mean.

After i'd done it i put on a couple of drops of my speed dryer & they were touch dry in minutes.

Also does anyone know if it matters what sixe bowl you use?
I started with a normal size glass mixing bowl but because the polish wasn't spreading i ended up using a deep egg cup!!! :eek: :eek:

I also tried adding more drops to see if that would help but i just got it all thick on the nail & when i pulled it out of the water all the extra polish started to drip off.

Will stick with it though.

What varnishes do geeks use when marbelling??

xxxxxxxxxx
Debs said:
I know its going off topic slightly but how long does it take for either water marbeling or ordinary marbeling like sam does to dry before applying top coat

This is my 2nd attempt at it - better than the first but still a way to go. I topcoated with a fast drying top coat within a couple of mins and then gave it a second topcoat when the first had dried.

If you get a small blister of varnish on the nail, would you stick a gem or something to sort of cover it up?

I've used creme varnishes, glitter varnishes - everthing that I have got I have used to see what effect it gives me.

Latest posts

Back