Who is your favourite client and why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
who is ONE of your favourite clients and why? my favourite is 'claire' shes been with me for years. she always brings lollies for the kids and coffee for me as well as other little goodies, shes always on time and comes every fortnite.the only thing about her is shes always a new set as she thinks her nails are delicious! but at least she gets all the acrylic off for me! she picks at her wicklers( her name for them).she gets away with it tho coz shes so funny and sweet. shes great!
icon_smile.gif

My favorite client is anyone who respects the work I do and looks after it until her next appointment; anyone who partners with me in keeping their nails perfect.

As a professional I do not and never have expected my clients to be my friends. I am always friendly but do not seek to get close. There are always the odd one or two with whom you form a bond (hate that word) but on the whole, my clients are my clients and my friends are something different.

I agree - I like all my clients as they are loyal to me and keep booking appointments with me on a regular basis.

I am always friendly with them but would not 'cross' the line if you like to make them friends - this is my business at the end of the day and I like to keep my clients as clients.

I have two favorites.
One that is loyal and suffered the change with me from Gel/Resin to UV Gel and was patient with my 'learning' stages. She's an absolute doll, respectful in the sense she's always on time... etc.

My other is a new client. She's young and sweet and brought me a coffee one time (cause we had been talking about coffee, and I mentioned I hardly ever got out to go to Tim Hortons for their coffee -Canadian coffee shop) but that's not why I love her.
She lets me 'play' and get creative with her nails. Anything goes, I have loads of fun.

I get sooooooooooooo tired of french's:irked:

I agree with the 'friendship' thing.... I have plenty of friends. Just want more clients LOL

I would struggle to pick just 1...cos i am real lucky all but a couple of my clients are lovely and do look after my work..they take my advise and stick to appointment times.

I do think as most of my clients as friends, not close friends but as they have told me so much about them selfs over time and as i have got to know the families of the clients who i go mobile with it would be hard not to....i wouldn't invite them to a party, and i wouldn't expect them to invite me but i do care about them. What i find amazing is the things they entrust in you...some very personal, i actually feel honored that they feel they can share this kind of stuff with me...and needless to say it never gets repeated.

Like you Angie I cannot pick one. There's Gemma who I have a laugh with, Sue who tells me all her probs and I think I have stopped her going insane, Pam who poor thing has caught me in tears a couple of times when the salon thing went about face, Janet who is such a dear, Pat who is just so lovely, oh damn it I love all my clients, I can honestly say I never think oh no so and so is coming. I do tend to get on with older clients though!! (wonder why!!)

I have formed a friendship with some of my clients, but that doesnt mean I would go out for a drink with them. it just means I like them and look forward to their visits. I suppose you get to know them and feel comfortable with them.

most of my first clients were my friends and family and for giving me a go id have to say them, gradually friends of friends and people who i met and commented on my nails became my clients and they are all very loyal, i only have 10 regular clients and thats quiet enought for the moment as im also a full time personal assistant. i do prefer, like some of you have said, when someone goes for something other than the normal french, but i enjoy doing them all. luckily as i have a full time job i can pick and choose my clients and if i didn like them id just simply recommend someone else, i dont think i wud do my best work on someone i did not like.

I have a favourite client, Carly. She looks after her nails realy well and lets me get all creative on her!
I try to keep my distance but i have appeared on their wedding photo's and hen nights!!!
Most of my clients are friends and family but now i have advertised i am getting all kinds of new clients which I probably will treat as clients and not friends.

xx

I agree with all Geeg has posted but I do have one client who will always be in my thoughts when 'favourites' are mentioned. Sadly she is no longer a client as we moved but she is an older lady and she is also blind. I manicured her for many many months and she was always so warm and welcoming and valued my service as well as my company and I believe she brought my manicuring up to a different level. Obviously my 'touch' was vitally important to her and she always loved how gentle I am...she really made me concentrate on exactly how things feel through the whole manicure..just small things like always keeping contact... (obviously the smell of the products was very important too...I would always make sure I had her favourites and also something new...creatives scentsations lotions, we used to test every one going together YUM lol). Her trust in me was so special and she will always be my favourite :)

I have a fab client called Caitlin, she is so "into" her nails and completely fascinated by the whole l&p process, still.. after almost a year of coming to me. (She had never had enhancements before.)

She is always open to me trying new things on her, when she hears I have done another course or bought something new to try; glitters, diamantes, dried flowers etc.. she wants to try them out. Though saying that, she likes her nails very long, square and white and won't try them shorter, soft white and almond no matter how much she says she likes mine like that!! (She loves her "Tanya Turners" and she's sticking with them! :D )

She also has beautiful natural nails, with a gorge long and healthy nail bed.. so they are a pleasure to work on too.

Oh and she's a top lass and she is really understanding that as I don't do nails full-time that sometimes I can take longer than I would like and they don't always go as perfect as I would like.

Yep, all-in-all she's a top client. :p

Latest posts

Back