Whorls, licks and crowns - my hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1ch

Reaction score
Hey. So I'm wondering if you lovely people can help me out, I'm nearing the end of my tether with my hair.

I'm 27 year old bloke, and I'm trying my best to find something other than a permanent buzz-cut to make it look even the slightest bit stylish. It's not got a lot going for it to be honest, a bit of a calf lick/cowslick at the front, slightly receding, a double/triple crown, and a nape whorl/lick at the back.

I've been growing it out for a about 3 months now, so it's got some length but I don't really know what I want to end up with in the end. My hair is quite fine, so doesn't have much strength without using putty, clay or other products. It's also relatively dense when it's allowed to grow, but a good haircut could probably keep that in check.

Has anyone been able to handle or accommodate any of the above into a decent shortish-to-mid-length hair style? Thanks in advance, really appreciate any help and advice.

oh my goodness,you actually sound like my son! he has the whole lot too,whorls,double crown and a cow's lick...i find with him that his hair either has to be extremely short or fairly long,at the moment he has a texturised uniform layer cut with a bit of length( think owen wilson or a messy zac efron type of style),this disguises his nape whorls, the hair at the crown area is left slightly longer (but still blended in with the rest of the layers) so the extra weight pulls the double crown down and the whole cut is texturised throughout with a razor to help reduce the bulk. when he dries his hair he dries the cow's lick area in the opposite direction that it naturally falls in(until its 90% dry) then he flips it back over in the other direction to finish drying it,this helps it lay flat. i hope you find a style that suits you soon xx

Latest posts

Back