Why cant people just ring and cancel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im going to give the small deposit a go. i do it at the moment for longer jobs e.g 3 hours which has worked so far.
but im going to use it in general (not really small bookings like kids cuts).
until they become a regular customer that i know wouldnt just not turn up.

hope that does the trick :)

Aye - even if it's a quid or two, most people will still not want to lose the money!
Posted via Mobile Device

Aye - even if it's a quid or two, most people will still not want to lose the money!
Posted via Mobile Device

yes thats what im hoping ruth.. :)

Do you think its possible that someone is trying to sabotage you by sending you fake clients? I know it sounds mean, but when i started out, i had that from the owner of the previous salon and i know you've not been open long.

Honest clients don't tend to give fake numbers. Maybe even if someone is a walk in booking for the same day, you could ring them to check the number and if they answer you could make something up. Like saying, oh we weren't sure if you wanted just a wet cut or if you wanted a blow dry with that.

I don't think people would be too keen on leaving a deposit, but thats just my opinion.

I saw your post about the card machine and just wanted to let you know that i had one installed a few months back and its fantastic. Most of my payments go on it and it also encourages people to spend more, either on getting the little extras done, or on product.

HTH xx

Please remember that we are in a very competitive business. There's plenty of 'walk in' salons now which are happy to grab our clients, especially the whimsical ones.

Asking all clients to pay a deposit won't force a whimsical client to attend their appointment, it will stop them making the appointment all together. At the same time it will annoy you existing ones and put off, good, future clients too.

Jes

Do you think its possible that someone is trying to sabotage you by sending you fake clients? I know it sounds mean, but when i started out, i had that from the owner of the previous salon and i know you've not been open long.

Honest clients don't tend to give fake numbers. Maybe even if someone is a walk in booking for the same day, you could ring them to check the number and if they answer you could make something up. Like saying, oh we weren't sure if you wanted just a wet cut or if you wanted a blow dry with that.

I don't think people would be too keen on leaving a deposit, but thats just my opinion.

I saw your post about the card machine and just wanted to let you know that i had one installed a few months back and its fantastic. Most of my payments go on it and it also encourages people to spend more, either on getting the little extras done, or on product.

HTH xx

i am wondering because its not just one person and all the ones the dont turn up have incorrect numbers:rolleyes:..
but i thought it probably unlikely but i suppose its possible.
in my first week another salon owner came in posing as a client and wanted a price list.
i only found out when i described him to my stylist who had worked there previously and she said he always does it if somewhere new opens.
so i guess you never know...

they seem ok with deposit for bigger jobs i just explain about how long it takes and we have to book our 3 hours etc. but we only take £5.00.

im not sure if its a smaller job what the response will be...:eek:

i may just ring and them and see as you suggested.
as its such a coincidence that they are bookings the same day or the next day. and you make up a reason why im calling.
it shouldnt bother the geniune ones. and that way if its fake il know straight away and not waste my time waiting. :mad:

i will definetely get a card machine but its still quite slow but hope to get one in the next few months as i hope to be soooooo busy by then..:)
but i agree that it means you can sell more products but if they pay cash may not have the extra cash etc.

Latest posts

Back