Why don't my marbeling work?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplebunnies

Reaction score
Can anyone help me on this?.............:confused:

I have been experimenting with marbeling, but by the time i have dropped the 3rd colour into the water, the other colours have produced a film on top of the water, so when you come to swirl the colours together, the film collects in a clog around the orange stick, So when you put the nail in the water and take it back out your left with a very faint wishy washy marbelling effect.:(

Anyone have any tips to stop this happening?

Hiya,
Make sure you have your colours ready, you can also use more than 3 colours if you like... 3 is the minimum for a good effect.
When you have 'dropped' your colours, take your cocktail stick/pin and swirl the middle colours only. The outside colour always forms a skin and you want to try and avoid touching this if poss.
Hope this helps a little, you'll love it once you have the hang of it.
Good luck!

Thanks for that, I shall give it another whirl tonight. just one last question....how many nails should you be able to cover using a small bowl (the size of an aerosol lid) or do you repeat the marbeling for every nail?

Sorry about the stupid questions this is all very new, yet exciting for me.:D

im glad u asked this question.

i gave it a go but wasnt very good at it. i only used to colours i will have another go 2night

purplebunnies said:
Thanks for that, I shall give it another whirl tonight. just one last question....how many nails should you be able to cover using a small bowl (the size of an aerosol lid) or do you repeat the marbeling for every nail?

Sorry about the stupid questions this is all very new, yet exciting for me.:D

I do my marbling in a yoghurt pot usually - then I can just throw it away afer use rather than trying to clean it!!!

I usually get 1-2 nails marbled per go. Ater that the polish on the water starts breaking up and it just comes out naff!!! :)

xxxxxx

Gave the marbeling another whirl last night, and was creating the best marbeling effect so far IN THE WATER. Now this is where it all went pear shaped, so i hope someone can help me out on this. 1st attempt.....Put the nail under the water and then lifted up through the marbeling..result = a blur of colour and film stuck all round the nail, when trying to remove ended up with a result i could only explain as birds and white sheets . 2nd attempt.....Put the nail (vertically) directly through the marbeling ended up with a fairly reasonable effect but ended up with the film all over me, if you can imagine a cloth lying on the surface of the water and pushing down with your finger in the centre and everything caves in. So hence i only manged to try and get one nail done.

Have had a search through the forums, but can find any step by step instructions to help me out on this. please help:cry:

Ahh it alls makes sense now.

Will follow these steps and shall post pictures of my attempts.

Thank you all for the advice.

That is an awesome tutorial GloBug, thanks for sharing. I've never tried it with that many colours before, nor swirling with a pin...might have to give it a whirl ;) There's always room for learning and practising!!

xxx

Latest posts

Back