Why has lash tint faded so quickly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bed Bunny

Reaction score
Hi

i am a beauty therapy student and practising loads on friends and family. I tinted my stepdaughters eyelashes and the colour faded in just a few days. Any ideas why? She has blonde lashes, i tinted them dark brown (added a little black to the brown) with Thuya tint, mixed to the usual creamy consistency and left it on for 10 minutes.

It looked great for about 3 or 4 days but has now faded loads. She only washes her face with warm water, no products as she has very sensitive skin.

Any help much appreciated thanks.
BB

Hi Bed Bunny,

A few things i can think of... did you add enough peroxide to the tint mix?

Also i know the time to leave the tint on eyelashes varies from product to product, i tend to leave my tints on for a bit longer than 10 minutes.

Also if the eyelashes were not totally clean, this would affect the tint.

hi

i also found that swimming had an effect on the tint, my eyebrows faded a lot quicker when i was swimming loads

Last edited:
i think it is probably the amount of peroxide used. Try using a little more but becareful with application. I tend to put very little on the lower lashes then pile it on when the eyes are closed and let it seep through. I also tend to leave it on for about 20 mins

Hi there,

I leave my tints on for 12 minutes maximum (I use Salon Systems products), I would of used half Blue/Black and half Black, If it is a light brown that you used then it will fade a lot quicker than a darker colour, try using that next time or mix more black with the brown. Make sure the lashes are clean and dried before applying any tint. If it's the first time she has had her eyelashes tinted then it could take a couple of attempts to get the desired look for longer. (Pretty much the same as when you first have your hair coloured...it's Virgin hair that has never been chemically treated)

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on next time

xx

Did you ensure all traces of make up, oil and dirt were removed from the lashes before the tint?

Some hair colours take a little longer due to being more resiliant.

Always follow the manufacturers instruction. How long do they say the tint can be left on?

Next time if she would like it, plus It looks gorgeous.... mix black and blue together. (re lurpakpink) The colour has alot of depth and lasts well. Be careful with the peroxide as it is an irritant. So only add what is stated.
xx

Hi, another thing is that the peroxide may be off which can easily happen
so if it happens again, this is what it could be ,
you can easily replace it :hug: x

these are all great suggestions which i'll take note of next time i do her tint. many thanks everyone!

BB
x

i would say blonde eyelashes are more resistant, mine are blonde and i find i have to used blue/black to tint them for them to last, plus it does give a better effect,also if instructions allow, leave on for a bit longer
x

Latest posts

Back