why is CND the best??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginger

Reaction score
a litttle embarassed to admit this but last night i was asked by a friend why i use Creative, I replyed because they are the best!! then she asked why are they the best, and i shamefully had no idea what to say except that their products are amazing their training is amazing and that was as far as i got!
any ideas other geeks or fellow CND user how i should replyed to this question a little more professionally.
cheers xx

Sorry to sound dumb but not 100% on your question.

If I want my customer to feel confident in my product, I explain that one of Creative's main philosophy's is to protect the natural nail and thats a fab start! I would then go on to explain that the support and on going education system is the best that I have come across and this is important to me. I also like to show customers any magazine cut out of Creative products and show them that Creative techs are become regulars at the top fashion shows, this shows my customers how Creative are always up to the minute with whats going on with fashion. I would also explain that I try everything and it what I prefer to use.

I'm sure another reason Creative is so popular is because of how well its marketed but I don't think that what my nails customers are interested in knowing.

The main thing that attracted me to Creative Nail Design is the liquid and powder systems are designed to adhere to the keratin in the natural nail plate. This means there is no need to rough-up the nail plate with harsh abrasives risking damage to the clients natural nail.

Also there is no need to us a primer unless you have a particular problem with a client. To me this is one less step to complete during a full set meaning less time to complete and less chemicals on the client's nails. Further more it reduces the amount of products I need to buy.

I also like the fact that the company has over 20 years of research behind them and are continously developing and updating products as nail technology improves and progresses!

Of course, I was also attacted by the beautiful images used to market the products and the quality of the training.

Other geeks may have different reasons for choosing CND, but I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Karen
xxx

Creative Nail Design has a philosophy which put simply is this ....

Make life easier for the nail technician and she will love us....

Make enhancement and related products the best they can be and the clients will love the technician ... YOU. Everyone wins.

Most technicians, especially new ones, do not realize how unique the products from Creative are NOR how as a company, Creative have been the ones who innovate while others then try and copy. The list is SO long and their influence so huge many do not realize (only some of us who have been around for a long time) just how many things that we take for granted today, originated with Creative.

Look at language .... Creative upgraded and professionalized nail speak to a higher level by being the first to introduce new words like ... ??
Rebalance .... instead of fill
Nail enhancements .... instead of 'false nails' or 'extensions'
abrasives ... instead of files
adhesive ... instead of glue
We hear these words every day now, but it was Jan Arnold from Creative who coined the phrases first.

Look at just some of the products ....
Before everyone and their dog decided to follow suit, Creative were the FIRST to introduce a Nail-professional Footcare range of Spa products ... in fact they invented the Spa Category (SpaPedicure and SpaManicure) that now many tried to copy.
The FIRST primerless Liquid (Radical in 1995) - Patented
The FIRST Keratin Bonding liquid (Retention+ in 1999/2000 or thereabouts) - also patented technology.
The FIRST methacrylate based Gel system (Brisa - 2004) - patented technology.
The FIRST sanitizer (ScrubFresh) with pathogen fighters to protect the nail from infection.
The FIRST to produce the Master series of Brushes with detachable head - patented technology.

I could go on ... but these are just some of the pluses one enjoys from a company that does its own research and development and has its own laboratory facilities with 6 dedicated chemists and is a TRUE manufacturer that is always searching for new and easier ways to do things and to help the technicians without sacrificing quality. There are very few nail companies (3 or 4) that are true manufacturers. Most nail companies just purchase their products from another source that make products for the masses. This is basically why so many are so similar. There is a large 'middle' category a low end category, and a small high-end category of professional nail products.

Your choice all depends as to where you see yourself in the nail market .... because surprisingly, the price only differs by a very small margin between the categories. If people actually checked this out instead of assuming that Creative is much more expensive, they one would see that the products are very competitively priced and affordable..

There is athread a little further down the site EZflow or CND, i t has some intresting reading.

There are many other points that I would love to add to Gigi's post that help to explain why CND is the best for me. However, the only one I will add is:

Master Artist courses.​

Not only did CND coin the phrase, it created a level of industry education that took a good 5-6 years for others to start copying it.

There are loads more, but that is for me - What makes something best for you? That is what your client is after!

CND has proven to be the best for me for the following reasons: (Ths was actually a message I wrote about a year ago and it still holds true today.)

When I initially decided to become a nail technician, I looked around and decided Creative offered me the best training. I thought if I get the best training then I would be in a better position to do great nails with a less expensive product. Very short sighted of me - as a new technician all I saw at the time was the Pounds, Shillings and Pence (oops showing my age LOL). So off I went trying out lots of different products.

Eventually I made the business and personal decision to return - and I have made the following discovery - I am probably better off using CND than using the less expensive products - who'd of guess it LOL.

I have looked at a few of my clients returns since changing back and compared them to previous appointments and I have far less repairs, my rebalances are taking like almost 15 minutes less time due to reduced lifting and repairs. One of my clients is a picker and she would regularly come with 3-6 nails off - slightest lifting and off she would pick them - she has come back this time with - wait for it - all nails on !

I have always included 3 repairs as part of the rebalance price - this makes me more competitive with the local salons - so I sometimes find that I am regularly giving away 3 free nails - now I feel I am working for less time, using less product but getting the same revenue.

There are none so blind as those that will not see (or something like that) - I knew there had to be a good reason that CND are at the top - now I know.

Humble pie doesnt taste as bad as I thought. Thank you (Samantha) for not giving up on me LOL.

thanks for all your help, i know it was a really dumb question but was so unprepared for the question that was given to me by my friend, personally i love creative and have never looked back at using them as a supplier / training company. each week i am learning something new with this newly chosen career and am loving every second of it and one day i hope to become an excellent nail tech and placed or even win in a competion and maybe become recognised within the nail industry itself!!
thanks xxgingerxx

Have read the above with interest and I use both Acrylic and Gel but not CND.
I was just wondering if anyone could expand on:-

The FIRST methacrylate based Gel system (Brisa - 2004) - patented technology.

or point me in the right direction to find out exactly what is methacrylate based gel.
Is it the fact that it is not a soak off gel?

Thank you in advance

Hey Lucy...

Instead of using a traditional acrylate backbone, brisa uses a urethane methacrylate backbone which makes it more hypoallergenic and much closer to L&P chemically speaking. It is not really considered a removable gel though.

Hope this helps

Lucy,

All nail systems are based on different forms of acrylic:

Methacrylates - L&P & UV light gels

Acrylates - UV light gels

Cyanoacrylates - adhesive, wraps and no light gels

Doug Schoons Nail Structure and Product chemistry is a great book, it will tell you all about the chemistry of nail enhancements, how they work etc. well worth the read (or several, to get to grips with it all! LOL!)

Latest posts

Back