Why is this colour b4 allowed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmamb

Reaction score
There's someone on my fb who has decided to use colour b4 to take her back to her natural colour?! She's currently red and was blonde before and is naturally a base 5-6. How can anyone think that blonde can be 'removed' aaaagh makes me so angry,I've just had to inform her that this 'magic' stuff isn't gonna work!

I guess some people don't realise that when you lighten the hair you remove your own pigment. For us it's not rocket science, but for the consumer it's not something they would have ever really learned about.

Last edited:
I agree with Katelisa. Try not to be angry about it

Just laugh it off, she will be the one with no hair :) I don't stress about things like this, they try, they fail and knackered their hair in the process then come to me :) buy retail and cut and blow-dry every 5 weeks and colour too :) whats to stress about lol

I was just having a nose (popped over from Nail Geek) and came across this. I'm not a hairdresser so please don't shoot me down. I used colour B4 on my hair about a month ago to strip out a build up of colour (been dying my hair with box dye for years in varying shades of red/chestnut/mahogany) and if your friend thinks it's going to take her back to her natural colour it's because she hasn't read the instructions properly. It explains really well what happens to bleached hair, and also that lots of colours contain peroxide, so your hair may be lighter than your natural colour once the pigment has been removed. It advises using a level one colour after use. I have to say it worked really well on my hair, it's still in great condition. But I can see that there would be a lot of people who wouldn't read it as carefully as I did (3 times!) and wouldn't get such good results.

What on earth is a level one colour? Do they mean semi-permanent? Cos to me, if you said a level one colour I'd be thinking you meant black!

Interesting: http://www.scottcornwall.com/legal.html

Last edited:
Level 1 Wash in/wash out, level 2 semi-perm, level 3 permanent - that's how it was described. Like I said I'm not a hairdresser so don't shout at me! To be fair I'd be thinking the same thing if someone came to me and said they'd done a wicked set of nails with an Argos Rio kit - as if! lol But it worked for me.

Level 1 Wash in/wash out, level 2 semi-perm, level 3 permanent - that's how it was described. Like I said I'm not a hairdresser so don't shout at me! To be fair I'd be thinking the same thing if someone came to me and said they'd done a wicked set of nails with an Argos Rio kit - as if! lol But it worked for me.

Until the next time you use an oxidising product. Then watch it turn black.:rolleyes:

Maybe I'll let my hairdresser at it....lol Like I say, I don't pretend to know anything about hair, my point in replying to the OP was that her friend obviously hadn't read it properly if she thought it would go back to her natural colour. And I don't for one minute think that it was better than anything I could have had done by a professional.

Latest posts

Back