Wife’s haircut opinions/advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmunkee

Reaction score
Hi All,

Bit of a weird topic to start of with but please bear with me :)

My wife has just had her hair cut (home hairdresser) and she isn't too happy with it. She asked me for my opinion and I don't think its really up to standards either.

I've attached an image to show what she has had done, to the color/cur she was hoping to have done.

The haridresser says that its come out perfect, looks nice and her current blonde will turn more silver the more it is shampooed but its more the blockyness of the color thats the issues.

What does everyone think?

We have yet to pay for the haircut but want to double check that the finish should be better as we may be blinded by what we are currently seeing.

Thanks!

image.jpg

Sorry, but I don’t think you really need a pro to tell you that that’s a botched job!
Are you sure she’s even qualified?
No amount of purple shampoo will turn it into the desired look your wife is after.

It needs thoroughly re-doing by a competent colourist using a balayage technique.
I’d be inclined to try to find someone by word of mouth recommendation, if possible, as it’s a colour correction now due to the blocky bleached sections.

Sorry, but I don’t think you really need a pro to tell you that that’s a botched job!
Are you sure she’s even qualified?
No amount of purple shampoo will turn it into the desired look your wife is after.

It needs thoroughly re-doing by a competent colourist using a balayage technique.
I’d be inclined to try to find someone by word of mouth recommendation, if possible, as it’s a colour correction now due to the blocky bleached sections.
Heya, (the wife here)
The super super frustrating thing is she comes highly recommended and has 12 years salon experience. When I sent her the pictures of my hair with my concerns her response was that it came out amazing.
I am so gutted and completely deflated about this as hate confrontation and literally just want to chop all my hair off and start again.
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment xxx

‘’Amazing” seriously?
Well, that’s one word for it.
Shocking, Tragic, Deluded, might be more apt.
Sadly, I guess some people just aren’t cut out to do creative colouring techniques.

I can't really work out what she has done, but it' not fair to leave your hair like this.

This is fixable but you need to go to a stylist that is good at balyage. Ask to see some of their work before you get your hair done and I think it' best to go to a salon. They will have everything there readily available (A mobile stylist only has what they have brought with them) and will have other stylists to give suggestions.

They will need to extend your roots because the blonde is too high to look anything like those pictures.

So it' going to take a lot of time and some more money, id be asking for a refund!

Latest posts

Back