Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Ok so I can't stand being called "chick" or "chicken", & I dont like partners calling each other "baby". For a child or pet it doesn't bother me.

Id love to hear what annoys you ;) xx

Last edited:
Yolo (You only live once)... I hate it. It makes no sense. Truth is, you only DIE once.
Haters love me. Such a stupid phrase. And honestly, no one I know is famous enough to have legit "haters".
Come to think of it... everything my 14 year old cousin and her friends say to each other annoy me. :lol:

It annoys me when people say 'at the end of the day.....' or 'To be honest.....'
I think it's funny when people gets phrases wrong, like 'doggy dog world'

I love it when my b calls me princess :)

- to be fair
- on the whole

Hun- I hate it it's very patronising and it's even worse if the person saying it is younger!!

"So, other than doing hair, do you go to school?" Also, "That looks easy. Is it easy?"

Hun- I hate it it's very patronising and it's even worse if the person saying it is younger!!

Lol. I say this all the time!!! Is there any reason that you find it patronising as apposed to annoyin?? I like to say ut to people i really like so would like to know x

Lol. I say this all the time!!! Is there any reason that you find it patronising as apposed to annoyin?? I like to say ut to people i really like so would like to know x

It's more when people you don't know say it in a condescending tone, it makes me feel like they are not genuine in what they are saying if that makes sense, also my much younger cousin says it to me a lot an I'm like don't call me hun, I used to change your nappies!! :)

:0 I say Hun all the time! Lol

One that gets my goat is babe! So fake!

I say hun to stop my messages sounding blunt! Or hunni haha.
When people finish your sentences with you is my worst i think.. And 'dis n dat' lol x

I hate it when people say "to cut a long story short" but never do. My husband says it all the time and then story is never short!

I use Hun all the time! And honey! I HATE when someone says "girl" or "girls" in reference to grown woman!
Or even worse "girlys"!!

I hate 'babe' and 'chick' 'chicken' and the word 'hussy' for a girl :eek:

I use Hun all the time! And honey! I HATE when someone says "girl" or "girls" in reference to grown woman!
Or even worse "girlys"!!

I hate 'girlies' too and can't bear people referring to their friends as 'girlfriends'...but I do refer to my man as 'The Boy', even though he's 6 years older than me lol. I think it's coz we've been together such a long time I feel silly calling him my boyfriend!

I hate 'girlies' too and can't bear people referring to their friends as 'girlfriends'...but I do refer to my man as 'The Boy', even though he's 6 years older than me lol. I think it's coz we've been together such a long time I feel silly calling him my boyfriend!

Nothing worse then a 60 year old woman talking about "the girls"

It annoys me when people say 'at the end of the day.....' or 'To be honest.....'
I think it's funny when people gets phrases wrong, like 'doggy dog world'

I love it when my b calls me princess :)

Haha,you will love this then

http://youtu.be/psNAGm5Wpx0

I can't stand dude. I'm not a 13 year old American schoolboy who thinks he's all that and a cherry on top.
Xoxo

I dislike it when elderly clients say see you next week...all been well.
as if they might not be alive. and say it every single week
Also when adults say doggy and pussy cat, for dogs and cats.

Latest posts

Back