Worried about the recession!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Bean!

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm concerned that all the media reports about the recession are going to hit the beauty industry. In fact I already think its affecting my business. I've struggled more in April and May than I did in February and March. Is anyone else struggling out there too? I'm wondering whether to get a job and just open up 3 days a week. What do you guys think?
Luv,
Mrs Bean! xxxxxx:green::green::green::):)

I have been quieter too in April and May.

Can't give you any advice just a :hug:

I have been quieter too in April and May.

Can't give you any advice just a :hug:

Hiya Martigirl,
Thanks for the hug! Here's one for you too! :hug:
Luv Mrs Bean! xxx

during the last recession the hair and beauty industry was busier than any other business according to repors at the time. I know I did alright out of it because women will always find a way to hide from such problems, and where better than the sanctity of a salon? I would try not to worry too much at the moment the dip in trade could more probably be due to the fact that people are saving for holidays than any long term effects like a recession. They'll soon be flocking in for their waxing tanning and nails for their holidays. Now is great time for promotions so that they don't eat in to your busier times.

during the last recession the hair and beauty industry was busier than any other business according to repors at the time. I know I did alright out of it because women will always find a way to hide from such problems, and where better than the sanctity of a salon? I would try not to worry too much at the moment the dip in trade could more probably be due to the fact that people are saving for holidays than any long term effects like a recession. They'll soon be flocking in for their waxing tanning and nails for their holidays. Now is great time for promotions so that they don't eat in to your busier times.

Thanks Fanella,
Luv Mrs Bean! xxx:)

I've been busier than usual, especially with the good weather, don't panic. :hug:

I must admit thankfully my diary is looking pretty healthy. Hopefully things will pick up for you with the summer months ahead :hug:

Hi there

I opened up a new salon, ( renting within a hairdressers ) in Febuary this year and because of the opening offers I had on at the time I had loads of clients booked in over the school holidays was the busiest, but I must say it has gone a bit quiter now only having 2 clients in a day at the mo, but thats not including any possible walk ins.

I just think every week is varied one week i can be busy then another have hardly any in, but I,m not letting it get me down just yet, coz i know when you first open up its going to take some time to build a client base, but considering ive only been there 12 weeks I do have returning clients already :), so i,m not going to complain lol.

I would,nt worry to much about it, if you hav,nt advertised yourself for a while or had any offers going on, try doing it again, I know its a pain having to do it all the time but thats how you keep your business going and keeping your name out there.

I hope things pick up for you soon i,m sure they will, stay possitive :hug:
things will improve summer is here now:) that usually brings them in.

Thanks for all your support and advice (and the hugs!). Will try out your ideas and let you all know how things go!
Luv Mrs Bean! xxxxxxxxxxxx:lol:

I wouldnt worry too much just yet if you had a busy feb and march.....years ago the seasons were much more predictable and would be busy at certain times and quieter at others you could relate to that and adjust or expect this.

However we have found that this somehow doesnt apply anymore - the times that used to be busy might be quiet this year but all of a sudden next week you might have the best week since you started.....

It probably depends a lot on the weather, holidays and what goes on in your clients mind (and isnt that unpredictable in itself?)

Maybe use the quieter times to plan some activities - maybe an open day or do a mailer to your clients or if its absolutely dead maybe drop some leaflets off around the gyms, businesses or other hairdressers or beauticians that dont offer the service you offer and all that will not only keep you busy through the quieter time but might give you new customers and remind existing ones to do something about a treatment...

hope it works:hug:

Latest posts

Back