Worst matting I have ever seen

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristalinx

Reaction score
I had a girl come to see me yesterday asking if she could have her micro rings adjusted and moved up her hair. She was a student so the lady who fit them was someone from her home town. This girl had the biggest mat in the back of her hair I have ever seen it was like a 2 inch by 2 inch fur ball stuck to the back of her head. She also had micro rings right at the bottom of her hair and around her hairline so they could be seen from any angle. I asked her what after care advice she had been given and she said none apart from to buy a loop brush. Nothing about shampoo or how to wash hair or anything.

So I managed to get all the micro rings out from around this hairball and then slathered her hair in argan oil and spent four hours trying to get the mats out. I managed to get the lump down but there was still matted strands all over her head. She said she couldn't take any more and needed a rest. I told her to apply more oil and one of her house mates said she would try and tease some of the matting out later on. I'm going back to check on her today but is their a point where hair is just too matted to untangle? I really feel for this girl as she wasn't properly informed on how to care for extensions.

Sorry about the essay!

What a nightmare trying to de-tangle!!!

Giving an Aftercare Leaflet and products is important so that the customer knows all about separating each bond from its partner whilst wet so that they don't tangle. And not going to bed with wet hair, and so on.

Good luck.

I had a girl come to see me yesterday asking if she could have her micro rings adjusted and moved up her hair. She was a student so the lady who fit them was someone from her home town. This girl had the biggest mat in the back of her hair I have ever seen it was like a 2 inch by 2 inch fur ball stuck to the back of her head. She also had micro rings right at the bottom of her hair and around her hairline so they could be seen from any angle. I asked her what after care advice she had been given and she said none apart from to buy a loop brush. Nothing about shampoo or how to wash hair or anything.

So I managed to get all the micro rings out from around this hairball and then slathered her hair in argan oil and spent four hours trying to get the mats out. I managed to get the lump down but there was still matted strands all over her head. She said she couldn't take any more and needed a rest. I told her to apply more oil and one of her house mates said she would try and tease some of the matting out later on. I'm going back to check on her today but is their a point where hair is just too matted to untangle? I really feel for this girl as she wasn't properly informed on how to care for extensions.

Sorry about the essay!

I had to detangle the whole back of someone's head once, it gets to a point where you do have to make small incisions into the clump to release the hair.

Latest posts

Back