Would i be 'cheating' if....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
I used a top coat sealant on enhancements instead of buffing to a shine with my girlfriend etc...?

The reason i ask is that i've been having pains in my right shoulder that i've noticed are made worse when it comes to the finishing of enhancements time.

I must be doing something to bring this on? But it's now getting to the point where i'm even struggling to hold my hairdryer:eek: .

Ive recently bought some IBD Intense seal, that is a UV cured top coat to be used over any type of enhancement.

At the mo i'm only using it on gel nails, but am toying with the idea of using then on L&P too.

Do you think this would be 'cheating'? (no offence to anyone that currently does this).

I'm slowly working through my Creative training through which i've been learning the Koala/Solar oil/girlfriend buffer steps to finish L&P enhancements, but at the moment i'm really struggling to finish one set of nails because of the pain.

Any advice much appreciated

I use creative finishing gloss over my L&P, not all the time but if the clients like it, but I do charge a wee bit extra for it. its not cheating it gives a lovely perment shine. whats wrong with that.:cool:

have you thought why you are getting this pain, check your posture and the way you hold your file etc!

Em - you need to put yourself FIRST. If you end up ill you won't be able to do nails at all. I don't think you are cheating, I think you are doing what you can. You are wise to rest your arm/shoulder when you can and I am sure your clients are happy with the final result, otherwise they'll soon tell you. Wish you better sooooooon.:hug:

Cheers Guys.:hug:

That makes me feel better (and less guilty)

I know i'm probably worrying about nothing, it's just hard when your trying to do it the 'right' way but obviously because of the pain i can't.

Without disrepecting any of my clients - most of them wouldn't know one finish to another and are just happy with the end result - but i just didn't want to feel like i was cheating them.

Your maybe right with my posture, i'll have to double check tonight and see if i can improve on anything. Hopefully it won't be like this forever - think i'll book into my doctors and see what they have to say.

Thanks again

jacextreme how much is the finishing gloss and how do you sue it. is it a type of gel?

keep your elbows in when buffing. you might find it eases your shoulder pain.

Emmajt said:
Cheers Guys.:hug:

That makes me feel better (and less guilty)

I know i'm probably worrying about nothing, it's just hard when your trying to do it the 'right' way but obviously because of the pain i can't.

Without disrepecting any of my clients - most of them wouldn't know one finish to another and are just happy with the end result - but i just didn't want to feel like i was cheating them.

Your maybe right with my posture, i'll have to double check tonight and see if i can improve on anything. Hopefully it won't be like this forever - think i'll book into my doctors and see what they have to say.

Thanks again
a gel top coat gives a really nice finish over l&p and when your clients remove thier nail enamel they are still left with a shiny surface.

Toni Talons said:
keep your elbows in when buffing. you might find it eases your shoulder pain.

I'm now sat at my desk doing my buffing motion to see if my elbows stick out.LOL:D

My work collegues think i've finally lost it!!

clairelee69 said:
jacextreme how much is the finishing gloss and how do you sue it. is it a type of gel?
it is a creative gel top coat than can be appplied over gel or l&p then cured for a high shine.

what do i cure it under

Emmajt said:
I used a top coat sealant on enhancements instead of buffing to a shine with my girlfriend etc...?

The reason i ask is that i've been having pains in my right shoulder that i've noticed are made worse when it comes to the finishing of enhancements time.

I must be doing something to bring this on? But it's now getting to the point where i'm even struggling to hold my hairdryer:eek: .

Ive recently bought some IBD Intense seal, that is a UV cured top coat to be used over any type of enhancement.

At the mo i'm only using it on gel nails, but am toying with the idea of using then on L&P too.

Do you think this would be 'cheating'? (no offence to anyone that currently does this).

I'm slowly working through my Creative training through which i've been learning the Koala/Solar oil/girlfriend buffer steps to finish L&P enhancements, but at the moment i'm really struggling to finish one set of nails because of the pain.

Any advice much appreciated
i love this stuff and use it on all myl&p clients. i cant rate it highly enough! dont call it cheating, call it making life easier. my clients come back with the shine still like new, all they need to do is remember their solar oil. i couldnt live without it!

clairelee69 said:
what do i cure it under

The Brisa Lamp!

I also use this on most of my clients unless they specifically ask for me not to do so. It also give them extra protection from water damage and they stay beautiful and shiny until the next infil. Its a dream product :)

Nail FX said:
The Brisa Lamp!

I also use this on most of my clients unless they specifically ask for me not to do so. It also give them extra protection from water damage and they stay beautiful and shiny until the next infil. Its a dream product :)
he jen, we have the same choice on our little fave nail products:D

jac extreme said:
he jen, we have the same choice on our little fave nail products:D

It makes my job so much better.. the look and finish is gorgeous with Brisa UV Topcoat. If people think its cheating then let them... personally I think its a bonus service as when I have put varnish on my l&p enhancements its left them cloudy when taken off.. with the uv topcoat its still beautiful and shiny, encourages you to try new colours of varnish without the worry that it will leave your enhancements not looking their best.

I don't personnally charge for this service, as to me it saves me a lot of time and effort from the buffing, but each to their own :)

I even put it over some silks I did the other day and got a fab result with that product too :) :Love:

melody jayne said:
i love this stuff and use it on all myl&p clients. i cant rate it highly enough! dont call it cheating, call it making life easier. remember

I like that - making life easier:D

I must say it's a great prduct to use over gel so i'm guessing it will be the same over L&P.

The fact that the nails stay shiney after removing enamel sound great too.

Just wish my lamp wasn't so big - it's fine when clients come to me - but when i'm mobile, it's such a squeeze trying to fit it all in.

Oh well you can't win them all eh!

Hi,

I use NSI Perma Gloss over my L & P, it's just the same as the Brisa gloss by the sound of it, needs to be cured too.

All my clients love it & I charge £2.50 each time I use it, which is every set & infil.

Fab shine, can use any polish remover and it won't stop the shine. I sometimes set my rhinestones in it too. X

Bev Rose said:
Hi,

I use NSI Perma Gloss over my L & P, it's just the same as the Brisa gloss by the sound of it, needs to be cured too.

All my clients love it & I charge £2.50 each time I use it, which is every set & infil.

Fab shine, can use any polish remover and it won't stop the shine. I sometimes set my rhinestones in it too. X

Yeah this also sounds like the IBD one i've got.

I know i should probably charge extra for it, but for now i'll just be happy to apply it and save on the old shoulder pain.

getting quite excited about using it now.:D

I use the Young Nails Finish Gel for the same effect - although not on all clients. Some love the glossy shine, others prefer the still shiny but less in your face shine you get from a Girlfriend!! I charge £2 per service for the Finish Gel.....

p.s. Only reason I went to Young Nails rather than Creative was they had an offer where you got the lamp and the gel, and as I'm not Brisa trained I didn't have a lamp..... Same sort of stuff!!

I use the IBD intense seal on my enhancements, if clients want a ultra glossy finish, also i have a couple of clients who are allergic to nuts, so i use it on them instead of using solaroil, just to be extra safe. I wear it all the time, i love it, and my enhancements last longer with it on.

Latest posts

Back