Would i be 'cheating' if....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bev Rose said:
Hi,

I use NSI Perma Gloss over my L & P, it's just the same as the Brisa gloss by the sound of it, needs to be cured too.

All my clients love it & I charge £2.50 each time I use it, which is every set & infil.

Fab shine, can use any polish remover and it won't stop the shine. I sometimes set my rhinestones in it too. X

I use NSI perma gloss too over L&P I prefer this one as I find that the Brisa finshing gel is a bit too thick and find the NSI is easier to use. ALL my client now have this on top of their L&P.

Another reply to this thread said that all they need to do is remember their Solar oil, I was told that Solar oil does not penetrate through gel, by my CND educator, so I put the Solar oil on BEFORE the gel and buff it in, then wipe excess off really well with scrubfresh and then put on the Gel gloss coating, I have never had problems doing it that way. :D

I use the cesars sealing gel they have three colours the one thats my fave at the moment is the pearl diamond its all shimmery and of course anything that sparkles catches my eye

gel over l&p is heaven anything for an easier life:cool:

If a new technique comes out which is quick and easy and saves you time and effort and is safe and durable and beautiful of course it is not cheating.

The Brisa finishing gloss is a dream to work with and being hypoallergenic is also very safe to use as well. It is only as thick as your application so if you use less, it will be less thick, if you see what I mean. I use it over gel, L&p and wraps for a beautiful long lasting high shine. I seldom hand buff a set of nails anymore.
"work smarter not harder"

As for the pain in the shoulder, for sure it means you are buffing with your arm off the table instead of keeping it supported on the table at all times. A sure way to either tennis elbow or tendinitis.

hi, i did use youngs but was going to try jean marin (or something like that!) out of the beauty book, any 1 tried it?

geeg said:
The Brisa is only as thick as your application so if you use less, it will be less thick, if you see what I mean.

I didnt mean that I found the product thick after it was applied to the nail and cured, it is just that I find the product in the bottle very thick and so have trouble trying to get a thin enough layer on the nail, I also find the brush very big too, just my opinion.

How far to you finish with your files before you apply it? I guess to the point where you would be using a Girlfriend?

Also which would be the best one to buy? Brisa finishing gloss??

Ok last question, lol
I have a UV lamp I got with my training kit its not a Brisa lamp though its more of just a, er, cheaper one... Will it be alright to use??

DNA said:
How far to you finish with your files before you apply it? I guess to the point where you would be using a Girlfriend?

Also which would be the best one to buy? Brisa finishing gloss??

Ok last question, lol
I have a UV lamp I got with my training kit its not a Brisa lamp though its more of just a, er, cheaper one... Will it be alright to use??

I refine the enhancement using 180/240 and then apply the Ultraseal - so yes before your girlfriend.

I was told before that if you don't have the correct lamp from the manufacturer you use, then to double cure to be on the safe side - but i think it's always best to use the lamp made by the manufacturer of the gel your using.

As for which one to use, that i'm afraid is up to you. I use iBd because that is the one i trained with - i guess yiou just need to investigate a little bit and see what you come up with.

I don't think its cheating either - to use a gel topcoat.
I could recommend something called 'shoulders back'. I bought one from the gmex show - they are advetised in scratch mag tho. Its a bit like a 'back to front' bra! You put it on initially after work - it pulls your shoulders back into correct posture, you can actually feel the change. They rcommend you build up the lenght of time you wear it slowly so that your muscles can adjust. After a while you could wear it whilst you work ( the only thing is the velcro straps rub a bit - so i find it more comfy to put it on over a t- shirt). it was£35.
Its just a suggestion. I had to cut right back on the number of clients i did 3 years ago and get physio on my shoulder - i think this would have helped at the time. - might have kept me working & earning!!!!!!!

alialy said:
I don't think its cheating either - to use a gel topcoat.
I could recommend something called 'shoulders back'. I bought one from the gmex show - they are advetised in scratch mag tho. Its a bit like a 'back to front' bra! You put it on initially after work - it pulls your shoulders back into correct posture, you can actually feel the change. They rcommend you build up the lenght of time you wear it slowly so that your muscles can adjust. After a while you could wear it whilst you work ( the only thing is the velcro straps rub a bit - so i find it more comfy to put it on over a t- shirt). it was£35.
Its just a suggestion. I had to cut right back on the number of clients i did 3 years ago and get physio on my shoulder - i think this would have helped at the time. - might have kept me working & earning!!!!!!!

Gosh the things you can buy nowadays - would give my hubby a laff!!

Will look into though and try not to stick my elbows out when buffing.

I must say though its quite nice knowing that quite a few geeks do it this way (as in gel top coat!!) - and here's me thinking people would look down on me:D .

Cheers guys, your all stars!!!

Marilyn said:
I use NSI perma gloss too over L&P I prefer this one as I find that the Brisa finshing gel is a bit too thick and find the NSI is easier to use. ALL my client now have this on top of their L&P.

Another reply to this thread said that all they need to do is remember their Solar oil, I was told that Solar oil does not penetrate through gel, by my CND educator, so I put the Solar oil on BEFORE the gel and buff it in, then wipe excess off really well with scrubfresh and then put on the Gel gloss coating, I have never had problems doing it that way. :D
hi marilyn, i guess your refering to my post hun, i did not mean that i dont apply solar oil before the gel,what i meant was all the client had to do was remember to apply their oil as part of a simple home care routine without the need to buff thier nails!:wink2:

Latest posts

Back