Would you go to an NSS if you knew the damage they cause?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
My reason for posting the question is that I was in my haidressers yesterday and talking the the salon manager. She asked what I do and when I told her I asked if she did her own nails ('cos I've seen enhancements on her beauty price list). She said no 'cos she can't be bothered and then told me she goes to one of the NSS in town.....:eek:

I tactfully aksed if she knew what damage they were doing to her nails, and she said yes but they are quick and convenient......

I can't believe a trained professional would put herself up for nail damage like that:Scared: ! Saying that she charges £13 more per full set than me but uses, how do I say, a low end product.....

Still, I've given her my card! But I'm not sure she'd like my product, she likes the fact that the NSS nails never come off.....sigh.....

some people are ridiculous!!!!

shes obv a bit stupid, no?

xxx

What a ridiculous attitude to have!

She obviously can't be that professional or take her business very seriously, especially if she won't even wear her own nails!:eek:

Stupid!!!!

Caz xxx:rolleyes:

Katelisa said:
some people are ridiculous!!!!

shes obv a bit stupid, no?

xxx

This is a stupid thing to do, but she manages the hair salon, is head stylist, does beauty treatments, drives a nice car and lives in a big house, so must be doing something right!!!

weird you should mention this... I was telling Gigi and Mandy on Monday about my fears of going to a salon to have my nails done. I was looking around in Valencia for a nail salon as I fancied a treat and wanted to be the one to be pampered for a change BUT I was actually too scared to go through with it just incase they damaged my nails :eek: pathetic but true.

this woman obviously has a screw loose if she knows the risks yet still goes to the NSS to have her nails done. Not only that, but she has someone elses work on her fingers all the time (advertising nails) when she is a tech herself??? I don't get it.
who would want to have NSS nails on their fingers in the first place?

Vetty said:
This is a stupid thing to do, but she manages the hair salon, is head stylist, does beauty treatments, drives a nice car and lives in a big house, so must be doing something right!!!

She's probably got a rich hubby!!

Well I've just done a soak off of a NSS set and put on a lovely set of pink/whites. She had been going for two years to the NSS and didn't know any different ... until she saw my website where I put that I don't cut your cuticles etc. She just sat in amazement and half way through said, I can't believe what a different experience it is.

However I nearly fell off my chair when I asked them whether the NSS soaked off or drilled them off - oh no she said they just get an instrument underneath them and prise them off! :Scared:

and... there's more! ...

I said did you have gel or l&p. Well gel, she said, at least I think it was. Turns out it was l&p. Crafty buggers! Their latest trick is to say that gel is better for your nail, but still use the same l&p and then charge them another TEN QUID pretending it's gel.

She is in the News world so I am going to try and persuade her to do a story about it based on her own experiences!

Sassy Hassy said:
She is in the News world so I am going to try and persuade her to do a story about it based on her own experiences!
that would be great Sass.... and another newly educated client :D xx

ValencianNails said:
that would be great Sass.... and another newly educated client :D xx

That would be fab Sass.

I guess there's just no educating some people! - can't understand why anyone would knowingly go to have their nails damaged!! xx

Latest posts

Back