www.emagister.co.uk - anyone use it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem

Reaction score
Does anyone use this site.

I had an email yesterday to say that there wee three expressions of interest in our courses to look at and giving me a login and password. I search the site and find that they have taken the content of our training website and put all our courses on the site :eek:.

Having read all the T&Cs it seems to be a free site for trainers and trainees so you can advertise your courses there. the catch is that it gathers trainee info and they have the right t pass it on to their other companies, so the value proposition seems to be personal data which is probably sold on.

From a free advertising point of view I haven't been able to spot anything dodgy, but if anyone has used it or knows anything about it I'd be interested in your thoughts.

On a positive note if it is genuine (I've mailed the three potentials and we shall see) someone has done me a big favour by sticking most of my courses in :)

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,
I am a member and it seems to be fine, I've had about 3 students from it and have about 3 more to contact next week when I'm back in work.

I haven't had any problems with it, and you are lucky that someone has already entered your info as it is time consuming adding each course onto it. I've only entered about 3 courses so far as it takes so long.

It is free, and if any of your enquiries become actual students update that status as it helps you go up the list so you are one of the first seen.

Cool. I'll see how it goes.

I would recommend that you put as little info as possible into their database as I'm not sure what they will use the data mined for.

Mike

Cool. I'll see how it goes.

I would recommend that you put as little info as possible into their database as I'm not sure what they will use the data mined for.

Mike
will do Mike.

Latest posts

Back