Yell.com paid advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelc

Reaction score
Hi I've recently started doing mobile beauty and advertised on as many free sites as I can gumtree, netmums, viva street, free ads etc and more recently I put a free listing on yel.com, after putting my free listing on there they contacted me and talked me into having a paid ad, telling me it would come in the top listings on google searches, to cut a long story short, I've had no responses off there whatsoever and nearly all my buisness so far as come off gumtree, so any advice on what to do next? Cos I feel like it's a waste of money paying for my yell.com x

Chalk it up to lesson learned. At the end of the contract don't renew.

I've only just had it tho, haven't even made my first payment yet and I think it's a 12 month contract, think I'm going to give them a call to try and get out of the contract, not sure if I'll be able to do that tho?

I've only just had it tho, haven't even made my first payment yet and I think it's a 12 month contract, think I'm going to give them a call to try and get out of the contract, not sure if I'll be able to do that tho?

What date did you agree to it? You should have a 14day cooling off period but will still be a pain to get out of. They will want it in writing etc. If past this point then your stuck with it for a year.

My ad went live on the 22nd April, so is it 14 days from then?

My ad went live on the 22nd April, so is it 14 days from then?

I think it's from when you signed as such. Try it but be prepared as they are notorious for being nasty when trying to leave them even when you are out of contract.

Think it might be out of the 14 day period then :( I'm still going to try to and I don't take no crap lol so let them try being nasty ;)

i have a free ad with yell and it does the job - maybe stick with that. its right that there should be a cooling off period so make sure you dont only try to call them but email them too stating ou want to cancel as you feel you were mis sold and save the emails just in case they 'didnt recieve them'

Latest posts

Back