Yellow band of colour, on bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beezy

Reaction score
hi all i was hoping for a bit advice on this, i have a client who has a regrowth at a base 4/5 she has been getting scalp bleach for two years with 30 vol & loreal platinium, i have tried different ways of applying this and different strenghts of devolper,and different toners, but always left with slight banding on the regrowth...............would be so gratful if you could share your tips on this,,thanks

To start with your always going to struggle when your base is so dark, but you need to do roots every 3 weeks to avoid banding

im inclined to agree with Bluerinse , i used to have a client this dark, and i had her in every 3 weeks , i had to put it on with a cotton wool bud , bloody tedious i tell you. but it avoided the banding ;-) x

Mines done fortnightly, that's when there's just enough root showing to touch up. Anything longer than 5mm will show banding (very faint but still there), if the client dosent want to get their roots done so regular then advise a different colour. With such a contrast in colour really the roots need to be done regular anyway as it looks awful xoxo

great thanks for replies ...will go with that !!!!;)

Yes I agree with everyone else, even when a client has 3-4 cm of new growth it's difficult to get an even result, because the first 1-2 cm lightens easily partly due to the clients scalp temperature the remaining new growth does not lighten so easily.
I would recommend mixing two regrowth formulas, formula 1 is the regular regrowth formula formula 2 is an adjusted formula, adjust with a higher developer strength if possible, if not use a stronger tone.
Apply formula 1 to the first 2 cm of the regrowth, apply formula 2 to the remaining regrowth.

This should give an even result! Hope this helps!! :wink2:

that sounds great.. will defo try that ... thanks for replying!!!;)

im inclined to agree with Bluerinse , i used to have a client this dark, and i had her in every 3 weeks , i had to put it on with a cotton wool bud , bloody tedious i tell you. but it avoided the banding ;-) x

Genius!

Latest posts

Back