yellowing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaza

Reaction score
i really need your help, a couple of weeks ago i bought an acrylic kit just to play about with, i tried doing the smile line with white acrylic which is extremely hard and i praise all that can do it so have stayed with white tips and a clear overlay until i can go on a course (bearing in mind at present i only do family and friends) i have done my own and their fine but the last set i did when i buffed and put a clear coat on top they sort of went a yellowy colour. And my friend phoned today to get a set put on because hers had come off (decorating) and she mentioned that hers had gone yellow too.
any advice would be great as this is greatly annoying me they look fine apart from discolouration.
zoe. x

Most of the Liquid & Powder kits that can be purchased for home use are very low grade acrylic products, and not what the professional would use, which is indicated by the yellowing.

Most low end acrylic products yellow very quickly with age, some within a matter of days.

There is nothing you can do to avoid this happening apart from covering it up with polish.

The same thing goes for brittleness. These type of products crack and break and lift and breakdown fairly easily.

If you do a course with a reputable company that sells professional products, you will not see this problem again. Hope this helps.

thanks very much geeg it was just a salon system one from sallys and i dont intend to use it on paying clients, i thought i would just have a practise but i dont understand why mine are ok, their not yellowing at all.

certain top coats, yellow....if thats what you are putting on the finished nail?
you should not need to put top coat on just buff to a high shine
also tanning lotions cause yellowing
hth

i have just done two of my own nails and buffed to a high shine, on my other extensions i put solar oil on the actual extension and buffed with that on, do you think that could have anything to do with it. If not maybe i hadnt cleaned my brush properly, its really frustrating.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
x zoe

Latest posts

Back