Yet another Brisa Q....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm having a little trouble... I generally use Brisa Soft White on clients for a more natural look, but when it comes to the final buff and shape I seem to be filing a smidgeon too much away at the corners of the free edge, and small clear corners are visible! I am a very new nail tech and still learning... any clues as to how I can avoid this?

Obviously, don't over-file the free edge during the final shape and buff comes to mind :) I put a layer of clear sculpting gel over the whole nail (including white) prior to wiping, shaping and buffing, but the translucency of Soft White seems delicate compared to the paint-on white. Do I need to apply the Soft White thicker??? The enhancements seem thick enough already to me, any more and they'll be looking a bit on the heavy side...

I think maybe I'm talking myself thru this ;)
  • Apply the Soft White as evenly, smoothly and just thick enough to begin with so that it doesn't require much shaping and buffing at all prior to the UV Finishing Gloss. Just a slight roughing of the surface over the top of the clear layer will do...
How does that sound? Am I on the right track? Anything I've missed?

Thanks,
Katy

Latest posts

Back