yipeeeee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Just been to see a man about a shop and have decided i am going to rent it :) .. im wanting to do my beauty, nails and tanning. Just wondered where is a good place to get sunbeds with either a coin operating system or something like that?

thanks in advance :hug:

Cant help you with supplier info im afriad but what i would say is id be wary of self operated tanning beds.

There is alot of bad press currently surrounding them after silly kids (who lets face it are perfectly capable of reading warning signs) are getting themselves into trouble. Then their mums (who incidently gave them the money and let them out without appropriate adult supervision) create merry hell and demand that these places ought to be shut down!

I'd also check out the running costs including the potential electric bills!
From what I understand tan beds arent as popular as they previously have been and rental/electric bills are very very high. And they take up alot of space.

Do you spray tan?

i do yeah, but in the area where the shop is there is alot of people still wanting to use the sunbeds.. i was just thinking maybe get one?

thanks for the reply :) x

thats ok. I dont know for a fact (!) but friend of a friend started a tan shop many years ago and it did alright for quite some time but the running costs were very high so they havled amount of beds and started with nails. Going really well now.

How exciting! Bet you are dancing around constantly thinking about how to get it all lovely! I was looking at buying an existing salon and when i got round to actually visiting it etc i was like a kid in a sweet shop!! I didnt go for it in the end as it just wasnt a viable business for the money they wanted.
I have a home based salon at the moment and it was fun doing that up. I still wander in when i have no clients and re-arrange everything to keep it exciting! In fact a tip: I re-positioned my pedicure range and a regular Mani customer noticed as it was at her eye leval during the mani and booked a pedi!

aw thanks for the heads up hun :).. yeah i was like a kid in a sweet shop haha i cant decide on how i want it decorated yet, just hope it all goes well! im really confused on wether or not to get a sunbed! alot of people are telling me that they are selling there's due to no buisness and high electric bills, but at the same time alot of people still use them!

ARGHH :eek: lol

xx

aw thanks for the heads up hun :).. yeah i was like a kid in a sweet shop haha i cant decide on how i want it decorated yet, just hope it all goes well! im really confused on wether or not to get a sunbed! alot of people are telling me that they are selling there's due to no buisness and high electric bills, but at the same time alot of people still use them!

ARGHH :eek: lol

xx

All depends on the area and of course how well you sell the treatment,
only you know what people in your area want

Latest posts

Back