Young beautician of the year TV programme

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did everyone miss the fact that there was plenty of swearing in the show?

calling a client a drama queen, no matter what is just a big no-no,and not knowing what temp wax is supposed to be?? come on?

I dont think any of these women were good embassadors for the beauty industry??

Kate

Thanks Lorraine. They did have us up until very late the night before filming, we filmed for about 16 hours the first day.

They are very sneaky, they ask you the same question over and over and over and when they are finished you sit chatting for abit, they catch you swearing and they snip them bits in to clearly make the programme more dramatic.

Thanks Kate for your kind words.

I thought all of the contestants did so well in the circumstances. I'm amazed at the way the show was done overall...like the environment was made to look really cold and strict and sterile...I think it should have looked more pink and cute and bubbly...perhaps a bit more supportive and less intimidating (can you tell I've done some media studies in my time lol)

Tis really nice that the BBC is celebrating real people doing real professions. It's nice that the spotlight is being put on people other than performing artists for a change.

I heard Heather mention Halls of Ivy and thought "omg that rings a bell from salon geek" so will deffo check it out :)

I've not done any male waxing, just femal waxing at level 2. Do you have to go on a separate course to learn how to do a man wax?

I thought it was great & you guys did really well, considering how far you were from your normal working environments, what with the lights & cameras in your faces & not forgetting the dishy George Lamb for a distraction! Yum! :)
With regards to the swearing & 'mistakes', I'm sure the production team have edited & chopped it up to make it more interesting for viewers not from our profession, it is TV at the end of the day so I'd take it all with a pinch of salt!
Really enjoyed watching it and what an accolade for your business Heather, I was routing for you! :hug: x

everyone swears especially under pressure.

I think they did really well and if those of you who think they didnt maybe you should rise to the challange yourself next time.

I thought the sob story did win it for the other one but hey ho everyone benefits from being in the final.

I think you should have won also, and to be honest, I think the other one won due to her "sob story". It was lovely for her to win for the memory of her dad, but if she hadn't divulged that, would she have won?

Hmmm i think thats a little unfair?? If you watch the tasks, apart from the first one, me and heather did the best? So how would that be because of my 'sob story'. Fair enough if i was worst all the way through but still won?

Well i think you should of won by miles, you looked fab, glam but still professional, your treatments were great, not rushed atall,and i think you have a very dedicated attitude, and a great out look on life : )

Hmmm i think thats a little unfair?? If you watch the tasks, apart from the first one, me and heather did the best? So how would that be because of my 'sob story'. Fair enough if i was worst all the way through but still won?

I definately agree on the set! it looked way to sterile, must of put the girls out of sorts a little!

I thought all of the contestants did so well in the circumstances. I'm amazed at the way the show was done overall...like the environment was made to look really cold and strict and sterile...I think it should have looked more pink and cute and bubbly...perhaps a bit more supportive and less intimidating (can you tell I've done some media studies in my time lol)

Tis really nice that the BBC is celebrating real people doing real professions. It's nice that the spotlight is being put on people other than performing artists for a change.

I heard Heather mention Halls of Ivy and thought "omg that rings a bell from salon geek" so will deffo check it out :)

I've not done any male waxing, just femal waxing at level 2. Do you have to go on a separate course to learn how to do a man wax?

Latest posts

Back