Your best ways of advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xgxexmx

Reaction score
I do a mobile hair extensions and spray tanning. I really want to get some more business but not sure where to advertise . Gumtree has been the best place so far but i need more clients !!
xxx

Have you listed your business on the FREE Index site? FreeIndex - The free UK business directory

It doesn't cost anything to set up an account and list your services, you only pay if you don't want ads shown beside your own listing, but to be honest the ads aren't that distracting.

There is also Google Local Business Center, which is free too.

Jx

you could try vivastreet.co.uk too pet... similar idea/layout to gumtree but not as well known... but hey, it's free, easy and all it takes is for one person to see it, use you and recommend you and it can snowball from there :hug: xxx

Im afraid there isnt a "best" way.

With smaller businesses focused on a local area effective marketing methods change from business to business and area to area.

In our area newspaper advertising is awful- whereas leafleting works almost every single time. But I've read on here that the opposite is true in some areas.

You might want to use the search facility on here- get inspired and try a few smaller scale campaigns and see which one works.

However- the old addage of "if you cant measure it you cant manage it" is very apt..so make sure you've got something to measure it with- be that people claiming a discount with a leaflet etc. Its easy then to figure out your ROI (return on investment).

It's true - there is no best way! But you won't know if it works or not unless you work out the costs to you and what business you got from it.

I always, always ask people how they heard about me - before they even make the appointment so that even if it gets cancelled I know where they came from.

I find yell.com (the free lineage ad) has been quite useful, also Thomson, gumtree and local magazines - we have one which is distributed free to the parents of all local nursery and school children and goes to various other places besides- eg libraries, GP surgeries etc etc.

I have just put a listing on freeindex and I have started to use google adwords to see if that generates anything.

Good Luck!

It's true - there is no best way! But you won't know if it works or not unless you work out the costs to you and what business you got from it.

I always, always ask people how they heard about me - before they even make the appointment so that even if it gets cancelled I know where they came from.

I find yell.com (the free lineage ad) has been quite useful, also Thomson, gumtree and local magazines - we have one which is distributed free to the parents of all local nursery and school children and goes to various other places besides- eg libraries, GP surgeries etc etc.

I have just put a listing on freeindex and I have started to use google adwords to see if that generates anything.

Good Luck!
How do u give parents leaflets? I am getting a lot of work that isn't in my area so I am travelling a lot. I just want every1 to know I'm here! :) I have some postcards 2 post but it is difficult to find areas that I want 2 post them 2 as I cover a large distance. Has any1 tried this?
Xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

How do u give parents leaflets? I just want every1 to know I'm here! :) I have some postcards 2 post but it is difficult to find areas that I want 2 post them 2 as I cover a large distance. Has any1 tried this?
Xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

Postcards - simply put them where you want to work - post offices, community notice boards, through letterboxes etc.

Parents - I advertise in a magazine that goes to all parents plus I have just handed flyers out in the playground. I am also going to ask the head if I can put flyers in the bookbags of all the children at the school for a special offer - eg spray tans booked before the end of May - 20% of the cost will go to the school PTA.

Get friendly with your PTA and get an indulgence evening organsised - offer to help with it too!

Latest posts

Back