Your business plan - Did it ever turn out as on paper??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Hi guys, just doing my business plan, still, 3 weeks later! god its so hard!
I am kind of glad i did it, its good to see it that way, figures etc, although it could still be so out from actual figures.

Who didnt bother and still did well??
Who didnt bother and wishes they did :-(
Who did bother and it was so far from the truth??
Who did bother and it actually was close!

Its so hard working out a sales forcast, luckily i had worked in a salon in the area a few years previously and could kind of remember costs, clients per day etc so that helped, still bet i am so far from the truth!
I mean it actually shows a profit in the first year?

xxxMy head hurtsxxxx:eek:

I did one using software from my bank. It was worthwhile in that it focusses the mind on controlling costs during the exciting and frantic first year. We exceeded our forcasts but that was in 1999!

Are you having help with it? I used a company called enteprise, which is similar to business link I think. They come to the jobcenter/your home and becuse they have so much experience with it I found it realy helpful. I am glad I did my business plan. Also there is a book called "The small Business start up workbook" by cheryl D. Rickman. Cant recomed it enough, so easy to read and absolutely packed with information. Think you will be able to but it from amazon. Hope this helps xxxxx

Well i got the bus plan off an enterprise company and he said it would automatically work things out for you on the spreedsheets and then automatically transfer it to profit and loss and all the other sheets.....well it didnt, and its taken me about 4 weeks because ive had to put all the figures in myself :-(

Latest posts

Back