Your favourite and best way of advertising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you leaflet drop yourselves or pay someone?

Has anyone noticed vista print are more expensive too!? Their prices have gone up.

For vista print it always helps to choose and design your leaflets/product then eave it in your basket for a day or so. In my experience they email you giving you money off so that you'll fulfill the purpose.
It happened to me with photo Xmas cards. 50 cards was going to cost me £43....left it in my basket, next day I got them for £8!

They say you get around 1% return on leaflets so that's 10 in every 1000 if my maths is not too bad - do u all agree?

I'm thinking leaflets are the way forward for me thinking of posting 250 a week on my day off.

Do you always have an offer or do just standard salon name address and info work well??

They say you get around 1% return on leaflets so that's 10 in every 1000 if my maths is not too bad - do u all agree?

I'm thinking leaflets are the way forward for me thinking of posting 250 a week on my day off.

Do you always have an offer or do just standard salon name address and info work well??

I would say 1% sounds around about right. Always depends on area of distribution etc because depends on how much of your target demographic is in the area.

Leaflets drops are amazing !
I will always have calls from about half of the leaflets I post, by the time I get home I have numerous voicemails from new clients! You always read what comes through your door, even if its a takeaway menu so of course ladies will be interested in any beauty brochures!

Word of mouth is another amazing advertisement tool, your clients have amazing powers for bringing more and more clients to your business, I thank them for this by adding points onto their loyalty cards once they recommend a client.

The way I have recently found most helpful in advertising without doing anything.. Is Trip advisor!
Alot of people seem to find me on the site and as you build up reviews by your clients more and more people become interested in your page on trip advisor, definite worth a sign up and asking clients to contribute to reviews

:) Faye

I stuck 2 flyers in the little windows at the back of my mums car. Got a £70 clients from that!

I have found a local leaflet distribution service but they are posted with a few other leaflets at the same time. Is this worth doing? Thinking of doing a few thousand with them and then posting some myself. By the time people get home from work they probably have a few leaflets anyway on their mat!!

Yep - local newsapaper ads have never worked for us. Either for our salon or the design business in the early days. Radio advertising was even worse in terms of return on investment.

I design magazine adverts for people who have a specific aim/target and they seem to work, but I find that a combination of offline and online stuff (in conjunction) such as leaflets/facebook work really well.

Agree totally, if you're going to advertise, then it needs to be where your target market goes - either online or offline - otherwise, as you've discovered, it's a waste of time.

My target is the younger clientele. I have a modern salon and generally don't get many clients over 65, all from teenage - 20's 30's etc etc

So where would you say the younger clientele look in your experience??

Facebook for me works well but I have never tried a newspaper add - so don't know!

yell.com was best for me, made lots of money last summer from it!

yell.com was best for me, made lots of money last summer from it!

Hi do you mean just having your business name etc listed on yell or are there other features you can use?

Claire :)

Facebook has worked quite well for me, I'm constantly posting photos of clients/my own nails and the odd offer and it's got me a fair amount of business and word of mouth from this also.

Interested in doing a leaflet drop too, can anyone recommend a good company to design/print leaflets with? What do you find is best to put on a leaflet? Eye catching photos, prices etc? I'm unsure on the best way to go about it all tbh!

I have had some leaflets printed and a new banner for the window. I'm going to get cracking on posting them in my lunch break! I have 1000 with a £5 voucher on them. And the others don't have an offer just info on the salon - is it worth posting the ones without an offer? Will people still be interested? Xx

My target audience are professionals with mid-high income and students.
Majority of my customers find me from google(fab guy behind scenes getting me to top spot) and referrals.
I dont have price lists just a business card with info on and website in big writing. Never been asked for an actual pricelist in approx 2yrs.

Leaflets drops are amazing !
I will always have calls from about half of the leaflets I post, by the time I get home I have numerous voicemails from new clients! You always read what comes through your door, even if its a takeaway menu so of course ladies will be interested in any beauty brochures!

Word of mouth is another amazing advertisement tool, your clients have amazing powers for bringing more and more clients to your business, I thank them for this by adding points onto their loyalty cards once they recommend a client.

The way I have recently found most helpful in advertising without doing anything.. Is Trip advisor!
Alot of people seem to find me on the site and as you build up reviews by your clients more and more people become interested in your page on trip advisor, definite worth a sign up and asking clients to contribute to reviews

:) Faye

What does your advert say or do you post a price list xx

Just an FYI on leaflet drops the average take up rate for a well designed, quality leaflet the take up rate is 2-5% sometimes more of course.

If you figure these turn out to be regular clients then the ROI on investment is very good.

Networking, Networking, Networking ... :)

People buy people first and foremost and if they like you, they'll come to you.

Also, NEVER forget to take care of your existing client base...treat them like royalty, offer a decent loyalty scheme and reward them for bringing you new clients. The majority of my new clients come through my existing client base.

PB
x

Latest posts

Back