Your staff style?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my point of view a stylists individuality is important as it advertises there style. But if it offends clients then it needs to be looked at & worked out between the boss & the stylist. I personally hate plain boring clothes but thats my style :D Here is just a couple of shoes that i wear for work & i ALWAYS get compliments on my shoes :D I even have a school teacher taking photos of them lol

Wow you last standing all day in them. You're good I couldn't manage it.

Wow you last standing all day in them. You're good I couldn't manage it.

hahaha yea its a knack lol I love it when little old women say i wish i could wear them :D

A reflection of their personality is encouraged among my staff. I feel a stylist should be advertising the industry and inspiring their clients through the way they look themselves. I have told staff to go and put some make up on as they look like they've rolled out of a bush - Ive also sent staff home to change if they looked shabby.
May sound harsh, but we are selling ourselves as much as our services so our looks are a large portion of what we do.
xx

Couldn't agree more. As long as the staff are well presented.
Day after day of hair scraped to the scalp with a can of hairspray in it and tied back wouldn't really inspire confidence in clients, but a perfectly blowdried head of hair loosely tied back to keep it off the face would.
As long as the hair is of a good quality, shiny and well maintained I don't feel colour is required.
Xoxo

Day after day of hair scraped to the scalp with a can of hairspray in it and tied back wouldn't really inspire confidence in clients, but a perfectly blowdried head of hair loosely tied back to keep it off the face would.
As long as the hair is of a good quality, shiny and well maintained I don't feel colour is required.
Xoxo

Agreed! The owner of the lasts salon I worked in rarely coloured her hair and it looked great :) it was always nicely blowdried and well maintained. I was the one that always had funky cuts and colours, as I used to love experimenting!

Xoxo

100% agree with you! Variety it's the spice if life, in a salon I think it's nice to have a variation! Where else in a place of work can you have natural girls/boys working alongside tattooed punky people, barbies, etc. hygiene and cleanliness and professionalism are the most important things. Xx

From my point of view a stylists individuality is important as it advertises there style. But if it offends clients then it needs to be looked at & worked out between the boss & the stylist. I personally hate plain boring clothes but thats my style :D Here is just a couple of shoes that i wear for work & i ALWAYS get compliments on my shoes :D I even have a school teacher taking photos of them lol

The more out there the better!

I definitely agree that people should wear and have their hair however they want, as long as it is professional.

When I done of my week long work placements on my course, the salon I worked in was so cold and impersonal, and the staff had told me they were not allowed to dye their hair any unnatural colours, or wear anything that would stand out.

While I understand it, and it's their right to have a policy, I don't think I could last working somewhere like that, I like to express myself in little details, and I love having coloured hair. I actually had purple and pink coloured hair at the time, but did not know of the policy and as it was only for a week, they let it go. It was so boring to work there as they didn't do 'unatural' colours on clients either... A bad experience, but I learnt from it and done my long placement in a really nice salon where they really encouraged everyone to be individual in their style.

I just think in such a creative industry, it's a shame to tell people what they can't do.

As long as the staff look like they have had a bath. What's the big problem? No one wants to go in a salon where they all the staff look the same. It's quite pathetic, bit of a power trip if you ask me...

Latest posts

Back