Your stories of settting up successful businesses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky-Steele

Reaction score
Hi everyone

just thought id post and ask to hear a few of your success stories of owning your own salons/or mobile businesses. How you first started and felt about it, the steps you took, and where you are at now with your businesses.

I have done my level 2 beauty, level 2 nails, im currently doing my level 3 beauty, i have done other short courses too and im planning on doing more in the future. Im obsessed with owning a successful salon one day lol and would love to hear your stories. :green:

xxx

Hey!

Here's my story...

Started working in an office when I was 17 and after 3 years was starting to get really bored with it and decided I needed a change but as I had a flat and car to pay for I could afford to stop working.

Found a part time HNC beauty course at a college only 5mins drive from my house and really easy to get to from my work. Monday Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings for 2 years and it flew in. I also did separate courses during this time aswell as my college course didnt cover things like waxing or manicures & pedicures.

When I came into my last 6months of the course i decided i'd see if i could get a part time job in a salon to get a bit of experience and landed lucky 2months before finishing college getting a job in a very big and pretty popular spa in the Scottish Borders - 120mile round trip 4days a week but I got great experience during the year that i was there.

I then got a job in Glasgow city centre in a new salon. I was only there for a few months when i heard that a school friend was looking to rent out a room in her hairdressers so the decision was made and i was in within 2 weeks!

I've now been in the salon since August, its been really hard work and get the odd day that i feel like giving up but I've kept going and am really glad that I made the move!

HTH :)

Lauren
xxx

hello
heres mine
ive had experience in a couple of hotel spas. which was long, hard work. then i decided to let some of the money go into my own pocket.
I looked on a website advertising local buissness for sale, found one that was about 30 miles away.
finalised the change of keys have been there since the 6th september it has been a long hard 4 months feels like ive been there for years.
The salon is lovely, but i do feel like im living and breathing the salon sometimes
But wouldnt go back

Latest posts

Back