Your story, relocating business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lac pass

Reaction score
Hi! I have been a hair stylist for 13 years and have a strong client base.... Booked up to 3 months in advance. I currently work in town, small as it may be, it's in town. I live about 8 miles from town. The most fantastic building has become available near my home. It is 8 miles out of town, one road... The main hwy. in country. I would love to relocate my business here. I love my clients and they love me. I guess my biggest fear is they may not like it because it is not as convenient as the salon I am at now. And they may not come. I am planning on talking to some just to see what their thoughts are. Does anyone have any words of wisdom? I currently booth rent.

Last edited:
I have a beauty salon out of town. There aren't many disadvantages except getting people to know you're there. I have free parking outside my door and many clients don't necessarily want to bump into people after their facial wax. I don't know about others but when I go to have my hair done I don't do much else so I would be happy to travel to a destination salon.

It's worked well for us.

Vic x

I have a beauty salon out of town. There aren't many disadvantages except getting people to know you're there. I have free parking outside my door and many clients don't necessarily want to bump into people after their facial wax. I don't know about others but when I go to have my hair done I don't do much else so I would be happy to travel to a destination salon.

It's worked well for us.

Vic x

agree! if you have a good customer base and aren't dependent on walk ins then go for it.

I have a very large and loyal clientele, that I've nurtured for many years.....they have followed me from salon to salon, and supported me when I had my girls, and worked for a few years from my home studio.
I now have my own salon, in a small parade, within an affluent residential area.
My clients are STILL with me, which is great, and I love my 'off the beaten track' salon.

The problem I have, however, is attracting staff! :(
Good staff are sooooo very hard to find.
The quality of applicant has been....disappointing. o_O
The best are established, somewhere else...... and as my salon has little footfall, I guess any potential stylist would worry they would not be busy enough.:oops:
Which leaves me.....working harder than I have since my youth!!!!:p

This is not meant to sound negative....for the most part, I love where I am....but it might be something you want to consider if you need to employ.

Thank you all so much!! Needed that bit of encouragement!!

As long as the majority of your clients drive, I wouldn't see a problem.

Latest posts

Back