Your thoughts about creating a blog

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terracota

Reaction score
hello. before 2 months, i create a monthly newsletter to send via mail to all my clients. in this newsletter , every month i inform my clients about our promotions and things around the salon.
in the meantime, i think that a blog would be a great idea to attract new customers? what do you think? should i write in the blog general posts about beauty and wellness or inform as another mean about my business?
have you been created a blog? does it help? can you send me some reccomendations of your blogs to have an idea?

Hi Terracota,

That's a really good question and I can say hands down that a blog is a great way to improve your google and alexa rankings but most importantly to build trust and credibility with your clients and potential clients.

I've posted a blog that explains why you want to use this type of marketing, content marketing and how to use it to attract more clients and make more money from your current ones. You can read it here: 3 Ways You Can Use Content To Make More Money in Hair and Beauty

Hope that helps.

hello. before 2 months, i create a monthly newsletter to send via mail to all my clients. in this newsletter , every month i inform my clients about our promotions and things around the salon.
in the meantime, i think that a blog would be a great idea to attract new customers? what do you think? should i write in the blog general posts about beauty and wellness or inform as another mean about my business?
have you been created a blog? does it help? can you send me some reccomendations of your blogs to have an idea?

Hi there,

I'd agree with Jason on this - it's a brilliant way to improve your Google ratings. Aside from the time taken there are no downsides to this as it will make you appear more authoritative to your clients and will help generate business for new techniques they might not have been aware of.

I'm a real wordpress evangelist and I think this is the easiest way to start a blog up - anyone who can use Word and Excel to a reasonable standard will be able to create their own blog very easily. If you google "Wordpress hosting uk" or a similar phrase, then you can get a blog set up for a minimal amount per month and have your own web address for it. Otherwise, you can go to wordpress.com and set up your own blog there for free (this is a great way to start off and get the hang of how it works, you can always upgrade afterwards).

If you have your own website then a blog can be added in one of a few ways - if you'd like me to have a look at your site and suggest how it can be done, I'm more than happy to help. I'm not taking on any web development work any more but I'm more than happy to give some advice if you think it might be useful to you?

+1 for 'create a blog'. As has already been mentioned, it's a good way of showing off your services, while at the same time providing information on a subject you're interested in (which is also good for Google ranking).

Wordpress is good - I run a couple of very different blogs, and I've got them all on wordpress - or there's things like Blogger and Tumblr etc, just depends on how you want to deal with it.

Would love to see a link to your blog when it's ready. Ours is Premier Software Spa, Salon and Golf Course Management Software Packages if anybody would like to read it; our focus is mainly about using tech to help run your business.

Ive always wanted to write a blog but I just dont know what to write either, how do people find the blogs on the internet then.
I always think that I would write a blog but then whos going to read it!

Ive always wanted to write a blog but I just dont know what to write either, how do people find the blogs on the internet then.
I always think that I would write a blog but then whos going to read it!

I wrote my own blog. Starts. It in April last year and I LOVE it! I link to loads of my favourite blogs too my link is www.thebeautydiaries.net or a very good starting place (even tho I'm not on there yet. Damn!) is called Handpicked media

Lin me up if/when you decide to create one and good luck!

xoxo

Damn iPhone auto correct! *i write my own blog. Started it in April

:/

i also have my own blog. at the moment it is not linked to my buisness website. but i write my blog because i find it interesting and fun to do. i fill it with simple nail art tutorials and other bits and bobs about beauty. i only started it last month but your welcome to have a look at it. i host mine on a site called BLogger which is linked to google. Pinkie Polish

i also have my own blog. at the moment it is not linked to my buisness website. but i write my blog because i find it interesting and fun to do. i fill it with simple nail art tutorials and other bits and bobs about beauty. i only started it last month but your welcome to have a look at it. i host mine on a site called BLogger which is linked to google. Pinkie Polish

Oooh I'll check it out xoxo

Latest posts

Back