Your thoughts on pedicures in actual hair salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Not sure whether I should have put this under nails or business but anyway I would like to know your opinions!!

A beauty room that I am supposed to be moving into is far too small to put a ped chair or nail desk in but the salon owner is saying I can do both in the actual salon.

What are your thoughts? I have posted on here that the room was built for me but is far too small, just about gets a couch in so bless her she is trying her best to help me out & keep me with the business.

I think doing manicures on the hair salon floor is fine BUT I'm not sure about pedicures! In my opinion I think my clients will feel uncomfortable not to mention the hair clients may not want to see people having their feet done. Also having a foot bath on the floor in the salon could be a health & safety problem.

Your thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks xx

I agree I don't think it would be appropriate however I haven't seen the salon layout/size is there any potential for screening off an area? use one of those Chinese blind thingymabobs they sell at ikea? Or if it's more permanent maybe a partition wall? Glass bricks etc...?

Unfortunately it's set out in such a way that you couldn't do that. She saying i can use any available hair station.

what happens if you get a client in who wants a relaxing pedicure treatment? the kind of client who doesn't want to gossip and unload on you? will they be happy with having hair dryer noises etc in the back ground? so i don't think it's just about the privacy for the client, i think the noise is something you should think about too. if the room is too small, then that's the end of it. it's too small. if there's no way to knock down walls or whatever else then there's no other option but to move to somewhere else surely? you can't just go shuving clients anywhere there is a chair. they will be paying good money for their treatment so deserve to get the kind of treatment they want.x

Yeah I don't think clients will want their feet on show in the middle of a hair salon, it's not like having a nail bar. Can you not get owner to splash out on a couch which converts into a pedicure chair? Don't know if these are readily available?

Latest posts

Back