Your veiws would be appreciated....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Hello Geeks,

I qualified in beauty over 2 - 3 years ago and due to personal reasons once i qualified I didn't do anything with it, at the end of last year I had a real boost of confidence and was itching to get back into beauty.

I have set-up a mobile business and am offering spray tanning at the moment. I do my friends and family nails, pedicures, eyelash tints etc... I am fully confident in doing all of the treamtents and the results are good (not being big headed).

My question is do you think its wrong of me to offer these other treatments and charge full prices?

How quickly to most ppl actually set-up a business when they have only just qualified? to be honest I qualified in spray tanning in Jan, offered my services in Feb and have at least 5-6 clients per week since then!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts x x

You charge what you are worth. If you feel you are just as good as someone with 10 years experience then charge the same. Other factors do depend on pricing though i.e. Location, target market, products etc.

I don't think it matter how quickly you set up after qualifying. If you are up to a commercially acceptable standard then there is no reason why you should provide treatments for paying clients, its the same as getting the job if you can't do it you probably won't last long. People with lots of experience can set up and fail due to poor business knowledge so again it depends on how good you are at business as well as your treatment skills.

Latest posts

Back