Your website... do you link back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Link Back To The Salon Geek Site?

• Yes I do

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • No I don't

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Oooops I forgot

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
Hey Geeks
Being as there has been quite a few threads recently regarding peeps who have their own websites etc I thought I'd ask you all if you have remembered to link back to The Salon Geek website?

Have you updated your website link page recently to include this site on your link page?

Have you remembered to link up to this site on your new website?

We all get site traffic on our own websites because of us showing our homepage links on here or due to us advertising our page on the Member Showcase page... but do we remember to link back to our fave site? :wink2:

Happy Geeking :D

Well I DEF would do if I had a website:rolleyes: and when I do I will be linking :green:

I did, but I don't have my website anymore, so if anyone was kind enough to link me to theirs then they ought to now delete it.

ok, i hope i dont offend here, i'm just setting up my website at the mo and i wasnt planning to link it to this site, i think site is brill but i dunno if i'd want my clients looking and maybe seeing me asking questions about how to do things.. might make them think i dunno what i'm doing:rolleyes: ... maybe i should have more confidence in myself :irked:

In a pickle now as to what to do

p.s i put no i dont, but it might change x

I do now Sandi but only becuase you reminded me !!!

I did think the same as Linzwee previously but if clients do come on here i don't think they will use the info. I know nothing about hairdressing so if i stumbled across a hair forum i would have no interest in it all as i wouldn't have a clue what they were talking about so id just leave again !

Also am i correct in thinking that it actually helps your site by linking to others ?

Also am i correct in thinking that it actually helps your site by linking to others ?
Yes, it does... which is why I thought of doing a thread about it because The Salon Geek is 'link poor', loads of links from this site to others but not many coming back.

ok, i hope i dont offend here, i'm just setting up my website at the mo and i wasnt planning to link it to this site, i think site is brill but i dunno if i'd want my clients looking and maybe seeing me asking questions about how to do things.. might make them think i dunno what i'm doing:rolleyes: ... maybe i should have more confidence in myself :irked:

In a pickle now as to what to do

p.s i put no i dont, but it might change x

Will your clients not think that you are interested enough and passionate enough to be continuously learning.

Will your clients not think that you are interested enough and passionate enough to be continuously learning.

never thought of it that way. i'll get my website designer (me mate gina) to add the link :hug:

I do!!!
I have a link on my website and also info about this site on the tanning forum

xx

Ok, I bought my "Website In A Box" today!

This will be the first website I've ever had (if it gets out of it's box, lol)

If someone can tell me how to link to this fabulous site then I will! I agree with Fiona, if any of my clients (or potential clients) see any of my questions, then hopefully they will understand that I am looking for information that will make their experience even better than it could have been!

(hint, hint tekky geeks, how do I do it!)

I voted yes I do as if I had one, I definately would!! Will keep pestering my hubby, lol!! :)

I haven't linked.
For two reasons

One... I'm in Quebec, Canada. No one around here, unless it's another tech who is ENGLISH would be interested in the link.
Also, I would just dread if a client went on here and read my journal or similar post :lol:

Can those who are NOT members, lurk and read journals? Are the journals 'member protected" so to speak?
I mean, I'm a pretty open person. But I never wail about my budget with clients. HECK NO. I dont need them wondering about my financial woes.

Just wondering.

Thanks!

Can those who are NOT members, lurk and read journals? Are the journals 'member protected" so to speak?
Only registered members of the site are able to view the journals, the same as our profiles and the full gallery, you can view the gallery index but not individual pics, you have to sign in to be able to do any of that.
hth's

well i dont have website yet, but rest assured when i do , i will deffo link back to this wonderful inspiring site xxxxxx

Im not sure i would want my clients reading the fact that I have posts where im asking for help... Or needing advice on improving here and there.... Plus i have read a couple of posts about nightmare clients. If mine read them they would be like... Oooh i wonder what MY technician says about me????!

x

Im not sure i would want my clients reading the fact that I have posts where im asking for help... Or needing advice on improving here and there....
You're training at the moment so it's only natural and normal that you're going to be asking for help, heck even techs who have been in the business a while ask for help sometimes, we're none of us perfect!

I voted Yes I do!
It was the first link I put on my website then I just asked others if I could put them on to:hug:
I have tried to put mine in the Members Showcase but when you click on the www link it just takes me back to The Salon Geek:confused: it will be something so simple and stupid Im doing wrong I will get round to having another go:lol:

Voted no, as I don't have a site yet (even though I've I've just registered my domain.....(www.hotnailz.co.uk). When I'm trained up and confident enough to build my site, I'll definitely be linking to SalonGeek!

As for people who don't want to link, a lot of the usernames on here aren't easily recognisable as an individual, unless, of course you've registered as your salon name or real name for instance!! So any clients logging on may not even come across any of your postings and if they do, may not even recognise that it's you!
Also, as "civvies", i don't think clients would be all that interested in trawling a professional site in any depth. (I may be wrong here.) They may have a look to see what it's all about but don't think they'd stick around.....

.....So in that case I'm going to be Devil's Advocate here and ask what is the point linking to a professional site from your own site, when you're aiming your site at clients (or potential clients) who may not be interested?

Good question this, well done hotnailz (cracking domain name to get too).

What is the point in linking back? The linking is not for your benefit, or even for the benefit of your clients or website visitors. The site here, Salon Geek is the sole beneficiary of having a link on your page. Its like telling the search engines that your own website is voting for Salon Geek as a good website, ie, one that is worth visiting. The truth is that most people dont bother with links pages, and those that do use them, rarely if ever make a note of which links they visit.

So, if a client of yours whose sole interest in nails is just having nice nails, the Salon Geek isnt going to be of any interest to them, is it? To put it another way, if you were to use an online booking form to book your car into your local garage to have it serviced, would you check out the garage links page to see what you can find out re car servicing procedures?

Links are very important to making a website successful, so incoming links to Geek are mega important as Sam is also giving out lots of links to you guys. think of it as redressing the balance.

So, if a client of yours whose sole interest in nails is just having nice nails, the Salon Geek isnt going to be of any interest to them, is it? To put it another way, if you were to use an online booking form to book your car into your local garage to have it serviced, would you check out the garage links page to see what you can find out re car servicing procedures?
It's not just clients or prospective clients who look at our websites, other nail technicians look at our sites too, sometimes for inspiration and other times just to be plain nosey.

This site isn't just about 'how to do nails'... we have members who love to experiment with nailart as a hobby and come here for inspiration and look at the Geek Gallery for new ideas.

Latest posts

Back